LSAT Spreadsheet Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
3|ink

Platinum

LSAT Spreadsheet

Post by 3|ink » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:55 pm

Last edited by 3|ink on Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:41 am, edited 20 times in total.

Sandro

Gold

Re: My Latest Spreadsheet Design Beta (Try it please!)

Post by Sandro » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:14 pm

i use open office and it said macros would be disabled... would this effect it?

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:36 pm

Sandro777 wrote:i use open office and it said macros would be disabled... would this effect it?
Negative. I kept macros out of this one.

I had to create a function in VBE for 'IFERROR' because older versions of excel don't have that function. However, for some reason that function insn't working properly right now, so I deleted all macros from the current version of the spreadsheet. However, I believe I left a blank module open. That's why the 'macro's prompt appears.

RockabillyForums

New

Post by RockabillyForums » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:45 pm

I was able to open it in Excel 2003 on my work computer, it looks great I am going to open it on my Mac when I get home. I also tried opening it on my iPad and it comes through perfectly in the email but when I transfer it to Numbers it gets a little messed up, it would be a great spreadsheet on my iPad.

Awesome job on the spreadsheet!

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:55 pm

RockabillyForums wrote:I was able to open it in Excel 2003 on my work computer, it looks great I am going to open it on my Mac when I get home. I also tried opening it on my iPad and it comes through perfectly in the email but when I transfer it to Numbers it gets a little messed up, it would be a great spreadsheet on my iPad.

Awesome job on the spreadsheet!
Thank you.

I should clarify that some of the features may work on excel 2003. However, the 'Prep. Test' sheet relies heavily on conditional formatting. 2003 conditional formatting is quite limited. Thus, some of the cells in 'Prep. Test' may come up as '444449' or other large numbers. Those are the numerical versions of excel dates.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

3|ink

Platinum

Re: LSAT Study Spreadsheet That Beats the Rest

Post by 3|ink » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:26 pm

Bump! Give it a shot.

penguin

New

Post by penguin » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:50 pm

Hi, I was curious about your spreadsheet as I'm always looking for a comprehensive spreadsheet. I tried to DL from the link above but couldn't do it. The message is here.

#################################
Sorry, we are unable to scan this file for viruses.

We are experiencing technical difficulties. Download anyway

When I click "Download anyway," it doesn't do anything. Nothing happens...
Am I doing something wrong? Is it only me??
:cry:

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:53 pm

penguin wrote:Hi, I was curious about your spreadsheet as I'm always looking for a comprehensive spreadsheet. I tried to DL from the link above but couldn't do it. The message is here.

Sorry, we are unable to scan this file for viruses.

We are experiencing technical difficulties. Download anyway

When I click "Download anyway," it doesn't do anything. Nothing happens...
Am I doing something wrong? Is it only me??
:cry:
It sounds like you're behind a firewall (perhaps from a work computer). I'll be glad to email it to you if you'd like.

penguin

New

Post by penguin » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:57 pm

3|ink,

That's great! So how should I do it? Should I PM you my email address? Sorry, I'm new here and don't have much ideas how things go.
:D

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:46 pm

penguin wrote:3|ink,

That's great! So how should I do it? Should I PM you my email address? Sorry, I'm new here and don't have much ideas how things go.
:D
PM me your address and tell me whether you're running excel 2003 or later.

allison34363

New

Re: LSAT Study Spreadsheet That Beats the Rest (w/ Instructions)

Post by allison34363 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:47 pm

Seems complicated but excellent.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:50 pm

allison34363 wrote:Seems complicated but excellent.
Thank you. I tried to make it as simple as possible by requiring as little imput as possible. That's why so much of it is automated. It's basically designed to reduce work involved with setting up a study schedule.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:58 pm

I'm aware that some have complained about the 2003 version. I believe I have isolated the problem and resolved it. Apparently, even if I save a 2003 excel version from excel 2007, it won't transfer all of the data correctly to the file. Fortunately, I have Excel 2003 at home. It appears to be functioning properly for me.

PS: Beware that since the 2003 version only runs on a single core of your procesor, it won't be very fast. However, it'll work nonetheless.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JesusChrist

Bronze

Post by JesusChrist » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:13 am

I just gotta say. This spreadsheet is amazing. I'm sure it'll go a long ways. Thank you so very much.

Is there anyway to add comments to a PT/main assignment? So that I can make note of the question type that I'm missing? I I figure I can just do it on the column after scaled score, but if someone has a clever alternative, I'd like to hear it.

penguin

New

Post by penguin » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:16 am

I just printed out the instruction to use this spreadsheet too. I think this is simple enough for me to keep necessary information, not too much, not too little.

Thanks, 3link :wink:

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:23 am

JesusChrist wrote:I just gotta say. This spreadsheet is amazing. I'm sure it'll go a long ways. Thank you so very much.

Is there anyway to add comments to a PT/main assignment? So that I can make note of the question type that I'm missing? I I figure I can just do it on the column after scaled score, but if someone has a clever alternative, I'd like to hear it.
I decided to keep question-type loggers out of this spreadsheet because I wanted to limit the required input. Your spreadsheet can work for you or you can work for your spreadsheet. I figured most prefered the former. However, I can see how it might be beneficial to keep track of question types you're missing. I may add an optional sheet for that purpose. It would basically be a matrix like the 'Prep. Test' page, but I'll have question types at the top. Each cell would represent a question type for that PT. You'd put the number of questions of that type you missed in the column and it'll keep track of that for you. I suspect it would be worth implementing that in a future version of the spreadsheet.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:24 am

penguin wrote:I just printed out the instruction to use this spreadsheet too. I think this is simple enough for me to keep necessary information, not too much, not too little.

Thanks, 3link :wink:
Thank you.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pilisopa

New

Post by pilisopa » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:45 am

Hey,

I'm having some trouble using this with open office. When I try to choose a PT, the dropdown just lists "#NA", no numbers.

Any suggestions?

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:59 am

Thumbs up.

Edit: didn't realize this was Beta. How did this get bumped in the first place?
Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:40 am

Jesus. Talk about an epic bump. This is the beta version and it blows. I had forgotten all about it.

Sorry folks, but I'm taking this down too. As you may or may not have noticed, my RL name is in the download link. I can't do anything about that. For some reason there is significant data loss whenever I try different hosts. Anyway, some toolbag thought it'd be cool to look me up on facebook and message a bunch of my friends some pretty nasty shit using a shill account. Chances are pretty good it was one of the people who didn't think too highly of the concept because the spreadsheet was referenced in some of the messages. Anyway, that crossed too far into the creep zone for my taste. I didn't want to say anything immediately after the incident because that's likely what the perpetrator was looking for.

Ironically, this incident has gotten me back in touch with some old friends from high school.

kkklick

Silver

Re: LSAT Spreadsheet

Post by kkklick » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:41 am

Pretty sad someone would go through all the trouble to do that.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”