oct or dec? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jdgolfer

New

oct or dec?

Post by jdgolfer » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:55 am

delete
Last edited by jdgolfer on Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mbusch22

Bronze

Re: October or December LSAT...advice please

Post by mbusch22 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:59 am

the earlier the better. start taking a diagnostic and full length practice tests asap. get your timing down.

cmaas

Bronze

Post by cmaas » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:13 pm

It's hard to know without at least a PT or two. If your PT are in the mid-150s to low 160s or above, I think you have a good shot at being able to do well in Oct. Also, you could always retake in Dec.

Lokomani

New

Post by Lokomani » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:24 pm

The LSAT isn't the type of test that one needs more than a month to learn the fundamentals of, generally speaking. Unlike other tests such as the MCAT - which gauge one's knowledge and expertise on particular subjects - the LSAT is concerned with how quickly and accurately one can analyze different types of reasoning. The specific topical content of a given question is irrelevant. The entire test is analytic, insofar as it tests one's ability to break an argument or passage into its constituent parts and spot the relationships between aforementioned parts.

tl;dr is that you have just enough time to prepare for the LSAT, but only if you start now, and learn things quickly.

Find or make a structured plan that will keep you working and processing, because it may take a while for things to click. Also, be sure to do plenty of sections and get a feel for how the test as a whole flows.

jdgolfer

New

Post by jdgolfer » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:02 pm

Thanks for the encouragement...I was talking it over with a relative as well and they said not to give up and reschedule for December. I will only reschedule for December if I'm not hitting where I need to be by the September 19th--the deadline to change test dates.

P.S. I am also wondering why some LSAT tutors are saying that you need a minimum of 3 months study time? Sometimes I think that these people and the test companies are doing this to create fear and panic in prospective applicants.

What do you all think ?

northwood

Platinum

Re: oct or dec?

Post by northwood » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:02 am

id say it would depend on your current work and school situtation. If you are working or in school, it would take longer to be able to get the fundamentals down since you cant devote your entire waking hours to lsat study. If you have an abundance of free time, you can get this down sooner. To be honest, i wouldnt recommend rushing through the fundamentals. Go at a reasonable pace and stay on the topic until you are confident that you can correctly answer all questions about it. If you have a lot of pt's there are spreadsheets on this forum/ internet that can help you break down each question and put them in a category for you to use when studying ( i really reccommend doing this by the way)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”