Quick Question Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
hotshot

New

Quick Question

Post by hotshot » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:55 pm

Hello everyone I just had a quick question that I'm hoping you guys could help me out with.

I'm currently studying for the Logical Reasoning Section of the LSAT using the Powerscore LR Bible. Without getting too technical, I was just curious if it is possible/advisable to use the techniques mentioned in this section, for others like the Logic Games. More specifically, I'm looking at how to attack the "Must Be True" questions and was wondering if the same technique applies to the LG section.

Thanks for any help

Hedwig

Silver

Re: Quick Question

Post by Hedwig » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:22 pm

The LGB should have enough techniques to handle that section without bringing the LRB into it, I feel?

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:23 pm

eit wrote:The LGB should have enough techniques to handle that section without bringing the LRB into it, I feel?
Agree. No reason to confuse yourself. Everything you need to know about each respective section is mentioned in each respective book.

Having said that, there are certain skills that you pick up throughout LSAT prep that help you out on different sections. The formal logic that you briefly encounter in the LGB comes into play and is expanded on in the LRB. So, everything works together.

Good luck!
Last edited by gdane on Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:24 pm

Must be true questions on LGs are generally figured out by either referring to the main diagram or sorting out hypotheticals. The same strategies don't really apply.

arewhyaen

New

Post by arewhyaen » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:15 pm

I agree with everyone that everything should be in each respective book. But thats not to say that things you learn in the LRB can't be used for games. Contrapositives and distinguishing between sufficient and necessary conditions is very important for must be true questions.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”