LG, PT 8, q #16 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lawschoolisfun2012

New

LG, PT 8, q #16

Post by lawschoolisfun2012 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:48 pm

this game is about child, boys and girls, sitting next to each other. I don't understand how the answer is (B), because (C) is also possible? Maybe I am miss reading the question? Does it mean that any child that can possible sit next to I cannot sit next to Frank
????

justadude55

Silver

Re: LG, PT 8, q #16

Post by justadude55 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:16 pm

lawschoolisfun2012 wrote:this game is about child, boys and girls, sitting next to each other. I don't understand how the answer is (B), because (C) is also possible? Maybe I am miss reading the question? Does it mean that any child that can possible sit next to I cannot sit next to Frank
????
Hey, I just did the question for you. You owe me one, buddy ;-)

Not sitting next to I means that R cannot go 3rd which means she can only 2nd and 6th.

Technically, you're right (your thought process in C) -- F would be able to sit 7 and R can sit 6 as the rule never specifies F before R.

But in this particular question, you suck because there is another rule that tells us I must go before S, which means there isn't enough room for the RF couple to neck on the bench east of I.

Therefore, they need to go 1st and 2nd, which slots H and J into 3 and 6.

Also, in this game, you should have realized early on that the boys have to go 1, 3, 5 and 7 and that the girls have to go 2, 4 and 6. if you're not observant enough to see this stuff pre-questions, become observant enough to see it prequestions. Also, don't rush through the rules. There is enough time to finish everything on time in LG, pending you understand the rules and use them to deduce further information. You might have skipped the 2nd rule here.

*In general, if you're guessing in a LG, I'd pick the floaters for could be true questions. Obviously the sketch is better, but clearly that failed you here.

lakers3peat

Bronze

Re: LG, PT 8, q #16

Post by lakers3peat » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:24 pm

I just did this logic game and its actually really simple.

You are right it has to be B G B G B G B, 4 boys who cant sit next to each other in a 7 slot game means they have to alternate...

Then it gets even better because you know that I is in 5 and S is in 6. Then it gets even better because your FR block can only go in 2/3; 3/4; 1/2;

This game is soooooooooo easy to draw out all the scenarios and was probably the fastest game I've ever done at 4 minutes.

For those of you who want a confidence booster, Do this game!! lol

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”