PT 26 S2 Q4 Does singular/plural form matter? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
laukinming

New

PT 26 S2 Q4 Does singular/plural form matter?

Post by laukinming » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:43 am

Hi all

In PT26-S2-Q4, regarding to (D), one explanation says that the issue is not irrelevant and another says that there is "only one" issue.

Shall I pay attention to the singular/plural form in five options? (Could it be a "mistaken point"?)

ps. PT25-S4-Q22 shows the same question, one explanation eliminates (D) because there is "only one" policy.

EarlCat

Silver

Re: PT 26 S2 Q4 Does singular/plural form matter?

Post by EarlCat » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:46 pm

laukinming wrote:Hi all

In PT26-S2-Q4, regarding to (D), one explanation says that the issue is not irrelevant and another says that there is "only one" issue.

Shall I pay attention to the singular/plural form in five options? (Could it be a "mistaken point"?)
Yes, a plural word means something different from a singular word. The politician only raises one issue--taxpayer anger over loss of buying power--not multiple issues. Also, the issue he raises is relevant because taxpayer buying power is related to the government's alleged obligation to raise taxes. Two ways to eliminate this one.
ps. PT25-S4-Q22 shows the same question, one explanation eliminates (D) because there is "only one" policy.
:?: 25.4.22 is a point-at-issue question about community service.

laukinming

New

Post by laukinming » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:19 pm

Hi Earlcat

Thanks, I used to thought the LR question should focus on the logic rather than grammar.
BTW, IMO, because raising taxes would make taxpayers upset, there is a cause/effect relationship. :)

Hedwig

Silver

Post by Hedwig » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:17 am

laukinming wrote:Hi Earlcat

Thanks, I used to thought the LR question should focus on the logic rather than grammar.
BTW, IMO, because raising taxes would make taxpayers upset, there is a cause/effect relationship. :)
You can't have logic without grammar. Ce n'est pas possible.

Plural vs. singular actually has a great impact on the statement.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”