Good Idea??? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
MGH1989

Bronze

Good Idea???

Post by MGH1989 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:18 pm

I am taking less hours this semester, 13 to be exact and most likely next semester as well in order to have more free time in order to study for either the February or June LSAT. Currently I need 31 more hours to graduate, so I could easily graduate in the spring if I wanted, but I plan on staying at most two more semesters after my 4th year, one, I plan on attending law school in the fall of 2012 and I would rather just stay in school the year in between, but I also have a desire to compete in track again, so I also want to stay and attempt to run in my last year of collegiate eligibility. I guess my question is, once I start sending apps, will schools be turned off by the fact I stayed an extra year in school when I could have easily graduated in time?

EarlCat

Silver

Re: Good Idea???

Post by EarlCat » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:26 am

Staying in school to study LSAT is silly and way too expensive. Staying in school to run track is another story. Make sure you know which is your motivating force.

Some schools value work experience. Others don't care if you go straight through. I doubt anyone cares if you graduated in 4 or 5 years as long as your GPA is solid.

MGH1989

Bronze

Post by MGH1989 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:50 pm

EarlCat wrote:Staying in school to study LSAT is silly and way too expensive. Staying in school to run track is another story. Make sure you know which is your motivating force.

Some schools value work experience. Others don't care if you go straight through. I doubt anyone cares if you graduated in 4 or 5 years as long as your GPA is solid.

In terms of just paying an extra year of tuition I gather, as well as other school expenses?

Blindc1rca

Bronze

Post by Blindc1rca » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:32 am

I am taking less hours this semester
***fewer*** hours. Less is for things that aren't quantifiable (e.g. milk, sand etc.)

Dude don't worry, graduating in 5 years isn't going to blemish your record. I highly doubt anyone will care about it. After all, law schools want people with records showing a wide variety of academic interests.

EarlCat

Silver

Post by EarlCat » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:11 pm

MGH1989 wrote:
EarlCat wrote:Staying in school to study LSAT is silly and way too expensive. Staying in school to run track is another story. Make sure you know which is your motivating force.

In terms of just paying an extra year of tuition I gather, as well as other school expenses?
Yeah.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”