LG section...Prep test 37...???? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
313D313

Bronze

LG section...Prep test 37...????

Post by 313D313 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:23 pm

Anybody find it extra hard???

i completely bombed the LG section (-11) and still managed a 161. this is the hardest LG section i have come across!

anybody else find really really hard?!?!

sophia.olive

Silver

Re: LG section...Prep test 37...????

Post by sophia.olive » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:25 pm

yeah that one is more like the recent ones, for some reason they got really hard the last year or so.

313D313

Bronze

Post by 313D313 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:29 pm

sophia.olive wrote:yeah that one is more like the recent ones, for some reason they got really hard the last year or so.
i took the jun 08 and managed a -6 on LG and a -4 on the oct 08 and i feel this one was waaaay harder. i might be that i need to work on the game types in that section.

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:30 pm

Shake it off relax and then get back into it.

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:32 pm

sophia.olive wrote:yeah that one is more like the recent ones, for some reason they got really hard the last year or so.
Oh no. I was doing so good on LG's. This is depressing news.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cubswin

Silver

Post by cubswin » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:33 pm

Is that the one with the cars in a showroom game, where they all have one or more of the features: sunroof, power windows, leather interior? Because that game is pretty time-consuming. It's either PT 37 or 38, I think.

313D313

Bronze

Post by 313D313 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:45 pm

cubswin wrote:Is that the one with the cars in a showroom game, where they all have one or more of the features: sunroof, power windows, leather interior? Because that game is pretty time-consuming. It's either PT 37 or 38, I think.
No this one had a game with 4 dorms that had 2 wings each, game with shelves and books, a sequencing game with trucks, and a game with swimmers and laps.

I felt 3 of the games were HARD

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:52 pm

313D313 wrote:
cubswin wrote:Is that the one with the cars in a showroom game, where they all have one or more of the features: sunroof, power windows, leather interior? Because that game is pretty time-consuming. It's either PT 37 or 38, I think.
No this one had a game with 4 dorms that had 2 wings each, game with shelves and books, a sequencing game with trucks, and a game with swimmers and laps.

I felt 3 of the games were HARD
Was it the trucks+hotdogs game?

The Gentleman

Silver

Post by The Gentleman » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:56 pm

Agreed
313D313 wrote:game with shelves and books
This one was pretty tough IMO. Could LSAC have picked goofier sounding variables? Hausa grammar? Cmon...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:58 pm

The Gentleman wrote:Agreed
This one was pretty tough IMO. Could LSAC have picked goofier sounding variables? Hausa grammar? Cmon...
Oh yeh. That game was impossible for me. The wording in the answer choices and the general difficulty in coming up with simple symbols for each of the types of books really messed me up.

I REALLY hope that the October LG section isn't anywhere as difficult as that game was.

313D313

Bronze

Post by 313D313 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:16 pm

That game was pretty tough. the first game with the dorms and wings was time consuming and the last game with the swimmers and laps threw me off. I am starting to think though that i did bad because i panicked and threw LG strategy completely out the window.

Cromartie

Bronze

Post by Cromartie » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:32 pm

I thought this game was pretty tough, too. Very time-consuming.

cubswin

Silver

Post by cubswin » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:47 pm

313D313 wrote:
That game was pretty tough. the first game with the dorms and wings was time consuming and the last game with the swimmers and laps threw me off. I am starting to think though that i did bad because i panicked and threw LG strategy completely out the window.
Probably. If you take your time to figure out deductions for the Bookshelf game, you will realize that you need one of the following on each of the three shelves: one of the two linguistics mongraphs and the vonnegut novel. This makes the game far less time consuming.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Adjudicator

Silver

Post by Adjudicator » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:07 pm

I read all the comments in this thread so I went and did the LG section from this test, and I did well. I finished with 9 minutes left over and only missed 2, both on that bookshelf game. :|

Is this test really similar to the difficulty of recent years? I haven't done 50-60 yet.

If I can manage -2 on LG in October, I'll be happy.

313D313

Bronze

Post by 313D313 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:31 pm

Adjudicator wrote:I read all the comments in this thread so I went and did the LG section from this test, and I did well. I finished with 9 minutes left over and only missed 2, both on that bookshelf game. :|

Is this test really similar to the difficulty of recent years? I haven't done 50-60 yet.

9 minutes left over?? How do you usually do on LG sections?

Adjudicator

Silver

Post by Adjudicator » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:57 pm

313D313 wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:I read all the comments in this thread so I went and did the LG section from this test, and I did well. I finished with 9 minutes left over and only missed 2, both on that bookshelf game. :|

Wildly inconsistent. I've done a few sections recently where I blazed through it with 8 or 9 minutes left at the end, and maintained high accuracy. But I've also had sections where I almost run out of time and miss one or two at the end because of that.

Cromartie

Bronze

Post by Cromartie » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:04 pm

Adjudicator wrote:
313D313 wrote:

Wildly inconsistent. I've done a few sections recently where I blazed through it with 8 or 9 minutes left at the end, and maintained high accuracy. But I've also had sections where I almost run out of time and miss one or two at the end because of that.
Was it your first time doing this LG section? If so, that is pretty impressive. I found the other 3 games very manageable, but the bookshelf one was quite the challenge. I ended up using all the 13 minutes I had left to complete it.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Adjudicator

Silver

Post by Adjudicator » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:15 pm

Cromartie wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:
313D313 wrote:

Was it your first time doing this LG section? If so, that is pretty impressive. I found the other 3 games very manageable, but the bookshelf one was quite the challenge. I ended up using all the 13 minutes I had left to complete it.
Yeah, I had never done any part of PT37 before. I just did it because of this thread.

I haven't done 50-60 yet, either. So I was intrigued when someone said that PT37's LG is similar to the difficulty of recent tests.

I'm still inconsistent but I hope I can perform like that on the October LSAT.

Anaconda

Silver

Post by Anaconda » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:15 pm

I hated this LG section, got a-5 on it. I didn't think any of the games were too difficult, I made more stupid mistakes than anything. I thought the first 2 games were easy, the third game was tough but I cracked it pretty well. The 4th game about the swimming laps sucked. I think I got -3 on it and another -2 on the others from stupid mistakes.

I thought the books on a shelf game was pretty fun to do, it was time consuming but if you had the time to do it correctly it wasn't bad at all.

The swimming lap game is one of the trickiest basic linear games I've come across - hard isn't even the word, it's intentionally more difficult than it needs to be because of the setup.

Adjudicator

Silver

Post by Adjudicator » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:24 pm

Anaconda wrote:I hated this LG section, got a-5 on it. I didn't think any of the games were too difficult, I made more stupid mistakes than anything. I thought the first 2 games were easy, the third game was tough but I cracked it pretty well. The 4th game about the swimming laps sucked. I think I got -3 on it and another -2 on the others from stupid mistakes.

I thought the books on a shelf game was pretty fun to do, it was time consuming but if you had the time to do it correctly it wasn't bad at all.

The swimming lap game is one of the trickiest basic linear games I've come across - hard isn't even the word, it's intentionally more difficult than it needs to be because of the setup.
I actually thought it wasn't that bad... how did you set it up? Once I set it up, I realized that it was almost just a basic linear game with a couple extra considerations.

Anaconda

Silver

Post by Anaconda » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:31 pm

Adjudicator wrote:
Anaconda wrote:I hated this LG section, got a-5 on it. I didn't think any of the games were too difficult, I made more stupid mistakes than anything. I thought the first 2 games were easy, the third game was tough but I cracked it pretty well. The 4th game about the swimming laps sucked. I think I got -3 on it and another -2 on the others from stupid mistakes.

I actually thought it wasn't that bad... how did you set it up? Once I set it up, I realized that it was almost just a basic linear game with a couple extra considerations.
Set it up as a basic linear game, but for some reason I had trouble with it. Might have been because it was the last part of the exam.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Cromartie

Bronze

Post by Cromartie » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:11 am

Adjudicator wrote:

I found the swimming game pretty easy too. I just set it up as a basic linear game with 1-6, 2-7, 3-8, 4-9 and 5-10 in 5 slots, while taking note of the 5-6 slots (implicated by one of the rules).

313D313

Bronze

Post by 313D313 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:04 am

went back and redid the games section and even though it was difficult it was not as hard as i first thought it was. I misread one of the rules on the first game and that was why i was having such a hard time with it. i spent 12 minutes on the first game and still had a bunch wrong!

The time i spent on the first game threw me off big time on the rest of the games.

xqhp82

Bronze

Post by xqhp82 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:40 pm

That's weird...i find the games in this PT manageable. I was stuck on one question from the swimming game, ended up getting -2 for the section. But i was bombed by RC and LR1 of this PT. Anyone experienced the same? I am so not satisfied with my score (161) after scoring a 169 on PT36 :evil:

dangerousminds

New

Post by dangerousminds » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:48 am

xqhp82 wrote:That's weird...i find the games in this PT manageable. I was stuck on one question from the swimming game, ended up getting -2 for the section. But i was bombed by RC and LR1 of this PT. Anyone experienced the same? I am so not satisfied with my score (161) after scoring a 169 on PT36 :evil:
I had a rough Logic Reasoning 1 section as well; but I overall did better than my previous prep test and scored a 165; while on others I've been averaging around a 160-161. But perhaps, I was just more focused.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”