A quick question! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Jamiejames7

New

A quick question!

Post by Jamiejames7 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:21 pm

Hey everyone, firstly would like to thank everyone that has posted on this forum: I've absorbed a lot of information posted here and you've all helped greatly. Now here are my questions:

1) I am almost done with the Logic Games Bible. As I've progressed, I've done better and better on each practice question given, (doing terribly on the linear, to getting almost every grouped, grouped/linear and pure sequence right,) however I haven't timed myself while doing them. Once I'm finished with the LGB, I plan on going through it once more in case I missed anything, and then doing past LSATs. The question is: should I time myself while going through the LSATs, or should I do them untimed so that I can learn from my mistakes? And then once I've found my weaknesses, go from there?

gdane

Diamond

Re: A quick question!

Post by gdane » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:24 pm

Jamiejames7 wrote:Hey everyone, firstly would like to thank everyone that has posted on this forum: I've absorbed a lot of information posted here and you've all helped greatly. Now here are my questions:

1) I am almost done with the Logic Games Bible. As I've progressed, I've done better and better on each practice question given, (doing terribly on the linear, to getting almost every grouped, grouped/linear and pure sequence right,) however I haven't timed myself while doing them. Once I'm finished with the LGB, I plan on going through it once more in case I missed anything, and then doing past LSATs. The question is: should I time myself while going through the LSATs, or should I do them untimed so that I can learn from my mistakes? And then once I've found my weaknesses, go from there?
That depends on when youre taking the LSAT. If youre taking the October 2010 LSAT, you dont have much time left to spare. If youre taking the LSAT in the future, then untime yourself all you want.

I personally believe the most important thing is getting the concepts down first. Understand what youre doing and how to do it, then time yourself.

Good luck!

Adjudicator

Silver

Post by Adjudicator » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:30 pm

gdane5 wrote:I personally believe the most important thing is getting the concepts down first. Understand what youre doing and how to do it, then time yourself.
This is definitely true; if you have time, learn to efficiently attack the problems first, and then work on beating the timer.

Jamiejames7

New

Post by Jamiejames7 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:31 pm

I'm taking the LSAT in October, so I don't have much time, but what you said makes sense in terms of getting the concepts down first. Thank you for the help!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”