very confused Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
GoGetIt

New

very confused

Post by GoGetIt » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:53 am

I have a little over a year to prepare for my LSAT, but I'm having problems figuring out how to come up with a "good" study plan. I'm approaching the end of a course that I've been taking the last two months, one that gives me the option of taking it again if I'm not happy with where my progress is. However, I want to do a lot prep on my own and I want to have used every practice test available, as well as every bible I can get my hand on before my test. Before using practice tests should I go through the bibles or should I save these bibles for the months approaching the test?? When I do get to the tests, which tests should i save for later? And if I'm using the early tests(90,91 ect.) what sections are considered "valuable" and which ones would be a waste of time?(I hear that the test has changed over the years and practicing from old tests can sometimes be counter-productive). Should i mix the tests up now( ex. Week 1 test 1 Week 2 test 35). I'm just so confused when it comes to approaching this with so much time on my hands before test day and I don't want to dive into heavy prep too early or in the wrong way and burn all of my resources too fast. I want to go about this in a correct and organized fashion.
Thank you all for your time.

Knock

Platinum

Re: very confused

Post by Knock » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:01 am

GoGetIt wrote:I have a little over a year to prepare for my LSAT, but I'm having problems figuring out how to come up with a "good" study plan. I'm approaching the end of a course that I've been taking the last two months, one that gives me the option of taking it again if I'm not happy with where my progress is. However, I want to do a lot prep on my own and I want to have used every practice test available, as well as every bible I can get my hand on before my test. Before using practice tests should I go through the bibles or should I save these bibles for the months approaching the test?? When I do get to the tests, which tests should i save for later? And if I'm using the early tests(90,91 ect.) what sections are considered "valuable" and which ones would be a waste of time?(I hear that the test has changed over the years and practicing from old tests can sometimes be counter-productive). Should i mix the tests up now( ex. Week 1 test 1 Week 2 test 35). I'm just so confused when it comes to approaching this with so much time on my hands before test day and I don't want to dive into heavy prep too early or in the wrong way and burn all of my resources too fast. I want to go about this in a correct and organized fashion.
Thank you all for your time.
See this sticky: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =6&t=41657.

Go through the Powerscore LR and LG Bibles at least 4, preferably 5 months before your LSAT date, and do them cover to cover. Only then should you take PT's, and you should start from the older ones and work your way to newer ones as you get closer to test date. I recommend using google calendar to plan everything out; make sure to plan out experimental test sections as well. I'll post an example in a second.

--ImageRemoved--

GoGetIt

New

Post by GoGetIt » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:01 am

Thanks knockglock. With regards to the really old tests, should practice using all of the sections? If not, at which test does the section begin to change, and for what sections? For the bibles, which ones should I go through first?

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:04 am

GoGetIt wrote:Thanks knockglock. With regards to the really old tests, should practice using all of the sections? If not, at which test does the section begin to change, and for what sections? For the bibles, which ones should I go through first?
Yeah, might as well do all the sections. The practice will be good. As far as bible order, it doesn't matter much. I'd go with LG first, simply because it teaches you sufficient and necessary statements, as well as conditionals, which will come in handy when you're learning LR. I think it's slightly easier to learn these concepts through the logic games and then apply them to logical reasoning than vice versa.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”