I am confused! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ekamy

New

I am confused!

Post by ekamy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:47 am

I timed myself many times, but I can hardly control the time in each section, and still keep a high accuracy. and when i read fast, sometimes I dont even know what the argument is talking about. I am so confused, why some people can finish all the questions in time and still keep accuracy, is anyone can tell me about that? I've practised for quite a while, but time and accuracy are still quite hard for me. Thanks for anyone who can tell me the answer!

Anaconda

Silver

Re: I am confused!

Post by Anaconda » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:03 am

Is English your first language?

Hedwig

Silver

Post by Hedwig » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:20 am

Your phrasing is a little confusing. What exactly do you mean by "controlling" time? Usually, us humans can't control time - we can just keep track of it. Is that what is tripping you up? Not being able to accurately keep the time? There are many online proctor systems out there. http://www.alpha-score.com/resources/ls ... satproctor is one if you're just trying ot figure out how to keep track of time.

If you're just not able to finish all questions in the period allotted, you need to keep practicing and do some time with the Logical Reasoning Bible if you have trouble reading fast/spotting the argument.

There's really no one answer for improving your speed and accuracy. You can practice, and read texts that explain the material to you, and review your mistakes to try to see what sort of a pattern is occurring.

Sometimes a good time strategy to start with is to skip the harder questions, put down a letter of the day for them, and come back to them at the end if you still have time. Ultimately you want to be working on being able to answer these questions through practice, but in the interim, try that.

ekamy

New

Post by ekamy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:23 pm

Sorry, guys, I may use the wrong word, I am not a native speaker, so i may make some mistakes. but thank you for your answers:)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”