When is a good time to move on to Logical Reasoning? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
WeX11788

New

When is a good time to move on to Logical Reasoning?

Post by WeX11788 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:53 am

Logic Games is my weakest section. I'm a retake from June 2009.

I've already gone through the Logic Games Bible and a long list of logic games that I photocopied out of my old (and practically untouched) TestMasters books from over a year ago. I've been hammering Logic Games for a month straight. I finished each game (LGB & TestMasters) once.

I have the Logic Reasoning Bible; should I move on and begin with Logic Reasoning or should I re-do all of the games from LGB and TestMasters and THEN move on? I plan on going over all the games at least twice; I'm simply trying to figure out if I should do that before or after studying Logical Reasoning. Thanks.

sophia.olive

Silver

Re: When is a good time to move on to Logical Reasoning?

Post by sophia.olive » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:15 am

During the test you will take all the sections together. So, why not study all of the sections together.

bmercado

New

Post by bmercado » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:24 am

OP, have you noticed any patterns of improvement since redoing all of the logic games? have you taken a timed PT to see how you are performing under pressured conditions? Its great that you are focusing on the LGs (since it was your weakness), but keep in mind that atleast 50% of the LSAT is LR, so dont neglect those sections.

WeX11788

New

Post by WeX11788 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:15 am

bmercado wrote:OP, have you noticed any patterns of improvement since redoing all of the logic games? have you taken a timed PT to see how you are performing under pressured conditions? Its great that you are focusing on the LGs (since it was your weakness), but keep in mind that atleast 50% of the LSAT is LR, so dont neglect those sections.
I haven't redone any logic games yet; however, from my first cycle through all of my logic games, I am definitely getting better but I am still far too slow and there are still some games that give me a great deal of trouble. Basically, I'm still not entirely confident and feel I need more work. I typically miss one or two questions per game, but it varies. Sometimes I'll ball out and score perfectly on a game (albeit moving slowly), and sometimes, though not often, I will completely bomb a game.

No, I haven't taken a practice test since I've began studying again. I'm going to soon, just not sure as to when. Suggestions? Thanks.

Kobe_Teeth

Silver

Post by Kobe_Teeth » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:48 am

I don't know....maybe the fucking beginning!!!!!! Its 1/2 the goddam test! Pull your head out of your ass! NOW!!!!!! Study LR NOW!!!!!!!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

glewz

Silver

Post by glewz » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:51 am

depends on how good you are at LR. If you're confident that you'll continue to perform well without much further preparation, i'd stick to LG (with the assumption that you're doing at least 1 test every 2-3 weeks so you dont lose all of your LR skills)

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:21 am

glewz wrote:depends on how good you are at LR. If you're confident that you'll continue to perform well without much further preparation, i'd stick to LG (with the assumption that you're doing at least 1 test every 2-3 weeks so you dont lose all of your LR skills)
lol wut

Audio Technica Guy

Bronze

Post by Audio Technica Guy » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:26 am

I think you should start LR within a couple of days of starting your prep. I hate the idea of doing LG, then moving to LR, then doing RC. Which is what a lot of people seem to want to do around here.

WeX11788

New

Post by WeX11788 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:38 am

Kobe_Teeth wrote:I don't know....maybe the fucking beginning!!!!!! Its 1/2 the goddam test! Pull your head out of your ass! NOW!!!!!! Study LR NOW!!!!!!!!!
--ImageRemoved--

Everyone else, thanks for the advice. Maybe I should have cleared up that I'm pretty good at Logical Reasoning, which is why I'm not bugging out about it. I just am unsure if it is wise for me to leave Logic Games for some time and then go back to them. Maybe I'll mix it up while I'm studying Logical Reasoning.

Audio Technica Guy

Bronze

Post by Audio Technica Guy » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:04 am

Best approach I've found is to do two section types per day, rotating through as needed. That is something like the following:

day 1: arguments - morning; Games - afternoon
day 2: games - morning; RC - afternoon
etc

Obviously you wouldn't be able to do this everyday, but I've generally seen that just cramming games for weeks at a time isn't as beneficial as rotating the sections.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”