What is a good time to panic?? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
hypothalamus

Silver

What is a good time to panic??

Post by hypothalamus » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:10 pm

I'm taking the October LSAT and applying to law schools this cycle. When should I start panicking that I haven't prepped early enough? :)

I got some study books already, including that infamous Logic Games Bible, and I have about 15 full tests with me until September. I read the Princeton Review prep book cover to cover and it introduced to the basics I suppose. I've been doing PTs mostly while in public transportation (about 1-2 sections per day as I go to work and come back).

I know many of you here on TLS are LSAT prep gurus.... so please, give me the hard truth: when do I need to start studying in a more focused environment and taking full-length PTs, etc? Yesterday? A month ago?

(I don't have the time and opportunity to take a course, so it's all going to be self-prep. I took a free practice test last October and got a 158, messing up the logic games pretty bad, so I need to focus on them, now that I have the Bible.)

Any advice would be appreciated :). I welcome honesty/meanness.

Adjudicator

Silver

Re: What is a good time to panic??

Post by Adjudicator » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:13 pm

The only meaningful answer is, "Start now." :)

Sh@keNb@ke

Bronze

Post by Sh@keNb@ke » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:14 pm

Adjudicator wrote:The only meaningful answer is, "Start now." :)
+1

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:16 pm

Hahah well, that's just the problem: as far as I'm concerned, I *am* doing prep already.... But when do I need to start doing the heavy-duty practice-test taking? :)

September?

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:18 pm

definately in september, do at least 1 5 secion prep test a week. I am starting to do prep tests in mid august ( sooner if I feel comfortable with all of the concepts on LR)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pkpop

Bronze

Post by pkpop » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:21 pm

Adjudicator wrote:The only meaningful answer is, "Start now." :)

+1
If LG was your weakness in the diagnostic you took almost 1 year ago, the bible would be the best place to start. Look at the Pithypike guide and you may want to incorporate that with a focused study guide like from the lsatblog. - http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/2- ... edule.html

You need to stay consistent with studying and if you're in school it'll probably be tough. Get the most out of August and start taking those preptests just before september.

On top of that, I'd start getting application stuff organized like PS & who will write your LORs if you haven't already. Hopefully you have some professors in mind who you feel comfortable approaching right when school starts (now would be even better if possible) so you aren't waiting on them when it comes time to send in apps.

Good luck.

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:50 pm

Thanks, guys!

pkpop, that blog seems very useful and I think I will actually use it as a guiding schedule for my prep from now on :).

I was just worried that everyone on TLS seems to be taking 5-month courses and doing all available practice tests... but I guess it's not too late to get on track.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”