Do you read all of the answer choices? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

How often do you fail to read all of the answer choices?

Whenever I'm almost 100% certain I've found the answer.
19%
Sometimes, but most of the time I read all of them.
24%
Never. I always read all of the answer choices
56%

Total votes: 62

NaturalLawyer

New

Re: Do you read all of the answer choices?

Post by NaturalLawyer » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:08 am

Audio Technica Guy:

What you say is quite reasonable. Also, you have had much more experience with the LSAT than I have so I think you have a much larger database of experience to draw upon. I think the most important point you made was that test-day anxiety might seep in causing the not-reading-every answer strategy to backfire. Also your point that every test-prep company has opposed this strategy provides pretty powerful justification for what you are saying.

I think I will change my strategy, and begin to read every answer choice. (So thanks for your input!) I'm not sure why you thought that I wouldn't listen to your advice. If someone gives good, solid advice that is supported by good reasons, I try to listen to it even if it means admitting that I was mistaken.

I must admit that I'm a newbie to LSAT. I've only started studying seriously about two months ago. There is definitely much to learn.

I appreciate that you took time to share some of your insights. Thanks! I hope you will be willing to give out more great advice in the future.

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." - John Wooden

Audio Technica Guy

Bronze

Post by Audio Technica Guy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:13 am

NaturalLawyer wrote: I'm not sure why you thought that I wouldn't listen to your advice. If someone gives good, solid advice that is supported by good reasons, I try to listen to it even if it means admitting that I was mistaken.
You're definitely the exception to the rule around here in that regard then. I can't tell you how many times I've answered a question and gotten "but I don't like that answer, I want to do it my way, just better".

Glad to help.

declsatkiller

New

Post by declsatkiller » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:50 pm

Thanks a lot for the input; ill definitely be sure to read all of them all of the time given that seems to be the consensus.

this thread also highlighted my need to more frequenlty and conciously use process of elimination as an answering method, rather than simply looking for the correct one.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”