Writing the LSAT in a year...Pithypike's plan too compact Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
omeezy4sheezy

New

Writing the LSAT in a year...Pithypike's plan too compact

Post by omeezy4sheezy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:57 pm

Basically I'm planning on writing it next year (still entering my 3rd year so still have some time).
I recently bought the LGB and am planning to start reading that and getting that done in what remains of this summer.

I will eventually do Pithypike's plan from March-June for the June 2011 exam.

My weakest area is by far the Logic Games and I plan on reading things like The Economist/Harper's to improve my reading.

I'm just looking for some suggestions for someone thats having a year of casual studying followed by 3months of intense studying...Thanks

blurbz

Silver

Re: Writing the LSAT in a year...Pithypike's plan too compact

Post by blurbz » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:02 pm

Don't waste your time doing too much too far in advance. Just read instead of watching tv. Pick up some "penny puzzles" and sodoku. Relax. Once you're about three months out, start doing the heavy lifting. If you do too much before, you'll burn out/run out of material/end up going over things you've already done--which can offer seriously misleading results.

omeezy4sheezy

New

Post by omeezy4sheezy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:08 pm

blurbz wrote:Don't waste your time doing too much too far in advance. Just read instead of watching tv. Pick up some "penny puzzles" and sodoku. Relax. Once you're about three months out, start doing the heavy lifting. If you do too much before, you'll burn out/run out of material/end up going over things you've already done--which can offer seriously misleading results.

wow, I never really thought of it that way. Do you think if I just casually do/read the LGB this month I'll be alright? My LG are my worst section...by alot

hax123

New

Post by hax123 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:20 pm

Reading through the LGB would be a great first step. Also, don't worry about running out of material -- there are so many preptests that it's almost impossible to do so. However, if you do want to start preptests (and I recommend doing so untimed), then you should probably start with the oldest preptests and save the newer ones until shortly before the actual exam.

omeezy4sheezy

New

Post by omeezy4sheezy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:30 pm

hax123 wrote:Reading through the LGB would be a great first step. Also, don't worry about running out of material -- there are so many preptests that it's almost impossible to do so. However, if you do want to start preptests (and I recommend doing so untimed), then you should probably start with the oldest preptests and save the newer ones until shortly before the actual exam.
Thanks for the advice. I'll do the LGB for now, but LGB has a limited number of games right? where can I get more LGs to do??

Precessional

New

Post by Precessional » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:04 pm

A number of users of this board have based their prep on suggestions of this blog entry:
http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/p/month-ls ... plans.html

Over an year, you probably have enough time to master the LSAT's twice over-- so dunno if there's an optimal or tried one-year study plan out there.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”