Powerscore Logical Reasoning Bible !?? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Jarrett

New

Powerscore Logical Reasoning Bible !??

Post by Jarrett » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:44 am

How effective was the LRB I just purchased the LGB and I should be getting the LRB in a couple of days. How should I study them ? Complete one before the other or alternate? I want to score a 180 on the LSAT and I am commited to studying before I take it in Oct 2010. Any suggestions , tips , and advice would be apreciated.

gdane

Diamond

Re: Powerscore Logical Reasoning Bible !??

Post by gdane » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:36 pm

Is this a serious freaking question?! Its been asked about 1000 times, maybe 100 in the last week. Use the search function next time. You would find an answer in less time than it took you to post this topic and to wait for answers.

To answer your question: Start with whichever you want. LR is half your score so maybe you want to start with that. If youre weak at LG, then start with that. A suggestion, tip or advice for you: Use the search function or just scan this thread because there is a lot of advice available.

Good luck!

Sell Manilla

Bronze

Post by Sell Manilla » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:41 pm

The reasoning questions are more intuitive; the games are largely a learned skill.
Assuming you have ample time to finish both & move on to PT's before October (it's getting tight), the answer is up to your learning style, placing higher importance on the games. I opted to do the games second, rolling directly into PTs after finishing it, so my fresh learning didn't atrophy. If you think you'd do better to learn, let it marinade, & revisit, go games first.

If time is a serious issue, do the games first.

F458JE

New

Post by F458JE » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:00 pm

gdane5 wrote:Is this a serious freaking question?! Its been asked about 1000 times, maybe 100 in the last week. Use the search function next time. You would find an answer in less time than it took you to post this topic and to wait for answers.
He wants a perfect score, yet not smart enough to use the search function. Interesting... :lol:

bubc

New

Post by bubc » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:35 am

Alright, calm down people, he was just asking a question. It is very effective. I went from not knowing what the hell I was doing, to getting -4 and then slowly decreasing to fewer and fewer questions wrong. Get it. Take your time going through it and understanding the concepts. Good luck.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jarrett

New

Post by Jarrett » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:17 pm

Thanks backupbecool & sell manilla for answering my question I'm actually new to this site so I haven't thoroughly researched all the functions and information. To the other assholes , if you cant provide newer users such as myself with information with out being condescending then don't post a reply.

Sell Manilla

Bronze

Post by Sell Manilla » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:21 pm

Op, no problemo.
Just search before starting a new thread, & if you're saying something you're unsure about, preface it.
People on here will mock you for sport.

bleu

New

Post by bleu » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:29 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Sell Manilla

Bronze

Post by Sell Manilla » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:32 pm

@ bleu: If he scores a 180, we both know that the consequences will never be the same. Why not support him? :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bleu

New

Post by bleu » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:46 pm

? you don't consider that support.

F458JE

New

Post by F458JE » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:53 pm

Jarrett wrote:Thanks backupbecool & sell manilla for answering my question I'm actually new to this site so I haven't thoroughly researched all the functions and information. To the other assholes , if you cant provide newer users such as myself with information with out being condescending then don't post a reply.

--ImageRemoved--

DrackedaryMaster

Bronze

Post by DrackedaryMaster » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:14 pm

F458JE wrote:
Jarrett wrote:Thanks backupbecool & sell manilla for answering my question I'm actually new to this site so I haven't thoroughly researched all the functions and information. To the other assholes , if you cant provide newer users such as myself with information with out being condescending then don't post a reply.

--ImageRemoved--

Thanks for posting that pic. One of my all-time favorites! Makes me not feel so bad for flaming out on the 8,000 level question.

OP, the short answer is get the LRB. Maybe you won't need it on your quest to 180, but I don't think it can hurt. After all, it's only around $40 or so, and you'll be spending way more than that on getting preptests & registering for the real test, right? So what's the risk here? Buy a book that collects dust?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”