Taking Proctored Exams for free Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
dannyde7

Bronze

Taking Proctored Exams for free

Post by dannyde7 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:43 pm

I've already taken an LSAT class and I already prep around 170-175, so I don't think a class is going to do me any good. However, I do want to get some more experience taking the test in a proctored environment, where I can't check my answers and where I don't control the clock. Does anyone have any good suggestions for getting this type of experience without shelling out $1200 for another LSAT class?

Thanks.

LSAT Blog

Silver

Re: Taking Proctored Exams for free

Post by LSAT Blog » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:51 pm

Many prep companies offer free proctored exams for marketing purposes. Kaplan and TPR both offer these on a fairly regular basis. You can likely attend several of these events close to Test Day.

(My understanding is that Kaplan uses PT36 for all their free marketing proctored exams. If you tell Kaplan you've already done PT36, they might be able/willing to provide you with a different PT. Just request it in advance so they'll have it ready for you if they're able to accommodate.)

Either way, you should still go to several proctored exams if you can, though - just bring your own PT (and 5th section from another PT) and take that one instead.

eandy

Gold

Post by eandy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:52 pm

If you took a Kaplan course, you should be able to continue taking free, proctored PTs as often as you like at the center. Just tell them you were unhappy with your score, and then show them your registration for the next LSAT.

dannyde7

Bronze

Post by dannyde7 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:47 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:Many prep companies offer free proctored exams for marketing purposes. Kaplan and TPR both offer these on a fairly regular basis. You can likely attend several of these events close to Test Day.

(My understanding is that Kaplan uses PT36 for all their free marketing proctored exams. If you tell Kaplan you've already done PT36, they might be able/willing to provide you with a different PT. Just request it in advance so they'll have it ready for you if they're able to accommodate.)

Either way, you should still go to several proctored exams if you can, though - just bring your own PT (and 5th section from another PT) and take that one instead.
Thanks, Steven. Do you know if any other prep courses offer free exams? I took a Kaplan one last week and I'd like to take one every week or every two weeks until game day-- my biggest problem is learning to trust myself and to not second guess myself (which makes me run out of time).

eandy

Gold

Post by eandy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:49 pm

dannyde7 wrote:
LSAT Blog wrote:Many prep companies offer free proctored exams for marketing purposes. Kaplan and TPR both offer these on a fairly regular basis. You can likely attend several of these events close to Test Day.

Thanks, Steven. Do you know if any other prep courses offer free exams? I took a Kaplan one last week and I'd like to take one every week or every two weeks until game day-- my biggest problem is learning to trust myself and to not second guess myself (which makes me run out of time).
A lot of times university libraries have the prep tests. Make a photocopy of it(so you can write on it) and set a timer. You could also have a friend keep time.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

KibblesAndVick

Silver

Post by KibblesAndVick » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:53 pm

I would find a friend or family member willing to do it for you.

Atlas LSAT Teacher

Bronze

Post by Atlas LSAT Teacher » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:30 pm

In NY, Boston and Chicago we're holding a couple of public proctored events this summer.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”