LSAT Prep Q Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Amiricanmade

New

LSAT Prep Q

Post by Amiricanmade » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:37 pm

Hey Everyone,

First off i really appreciate this forum and happy to have a community of people who are here to religiously help people through the tough times of Law School.

I just purchased the PowerScore Bibles and am wondering what else i can purchase to get ready for the Oct 2011 LSAT Test. I'll be enrolling in a class (not sure which one) to prep for the JUNE 2011 test (this way i have some time to study when i'm done with the June test). I'm planning on reading these book religiously and -when done with all 3- taking Prep-Tests. What tests can i take and where can i purchase them? Also, what else would be needed for me to do great (157-160) on the LSAT.

Thanks

tomwatts

Gold

Re: LSAT Prep Q

Post by tomwatts » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:12 am

If you enroll in a class, odds are that you'll get access to all the released tests anyway, so you don't need to buy anything more. I know that if you sign up for a Princeton Review class and put down the deposit, you can get access to all the books and tests and so on immediately, even if the course doesn't start for a while. I assume the same is true of other courses with other companies, but I don't actually know. So you might decide on the course early on (like, now) and get your materials well in advance so you can start to use them.

Wannabelawyer101

New

Re: LSAT Prep Q

Post by Wannabelawyer101 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:18 am

You don't want to do too many problems going into your class, especially if you take one that gives you access to all available prep tests. That said, I think going through the Bibles is a really good start and that's something that helped me before I started my class. It gave me a good idea of what my strengths and weaknesses were.

I also think it doesn't hurt to read magazines like Scientific American and the Economist in your free time (for reading comp), or to do sudoku puzzles (for logic games). Obviously, these aren't substitutes for doing actual practice problems, but I found those to be really helpful supplements.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”