PT14 - LR Q Difficulty Order, what gives? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
DrackedaryMaster

Bronze

PT14 - LR Q Difficulty Order, what gives?

Post by DrackedaryMaster » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:05 pm

I did this PT yesterday, the second one of which I've done under timed conditions. I've been averaging about -5 on each of the LR sections from both untimed practice and taking the tests timed, mostly on questions after #13. However, on this test, while my average remained near the same, all the questions I missed, with the exception of LR#2(Q20 - Tip Top), I got all the questions after Q15 correct. This surprised me because this has never happened before. Usually, I'll go perfect on the first 7, miss 1 or 2 between 8-14, and 3-4 from question 15 onwards. When I was doing my review, I noticed like usual a lot of my misses involved not reading either the stimulus or stem close enough (case in point on the tip-top Q where I failed to take into account LSAC's definition of what "poor appetite" meant, in the sense if he's not really hungry and eats a ton of food, that could be an alternate cause for the illness - and ruled E out too quickly, falling for the "it looks right B").

So I've heard about the idea how the questions start easy from 1-10 and get hardest in the middle and towards the end, with maybe an easy one or two at the end, but did LSAC redistribute more harder level questions prior to Q15 than normal on this specific PT? Or is it just my imagination?

Audio Technica Guy

Bronze

Re: PT14 - LR Q Difficulty Order, what gives?

Post by Audio Technica Guy » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:33 pm

DrackedaryMaster wrote:I did this PT yesterday, the second one of which I've done under timed conditions. I've been averaging about -5 on each of the LR sections from both untimed practice and taking the tests timed, mostly on questions after #13. However, on this test, while my average remained near the same, all the questions I missed, with the exception of LR#2(Q20 - Tip Top), I got all the questions after Q15 correct. This surprised me because this has never happened before. Usually, I'll go perfect on the first 7, miss 1 or 2 between 8-14, and 3-4 from question 15 onwards. When I was doing my review, I noticed like usual a lot of my misses involved not reading either the stimulus or stem close enough (case in point on the tip-top Q where I failed to take into account LSAC's definition of what "poor appetite" meant, in the sense if he's not really hungry and eats a ton of food, that could be an alternate cause for the illness - and ruled E out too quickly, falling for the "it looks right B").

So I've heard about the idea how the questions start easy from 1-10 and get hardest in the middle and towards the end, with maybe an easy one or two at the end, but did LSAC redistribute more harder level questions prior to Q15 than normal on this specific PT? Or is it just my imagination?

Just your imagination. The one about tip top cafe and Monroe's eating is considered a very easy question.

Is it sad that I exactly remember this question? Like I can tell you it's monroe, tip top cafe, he had the giant meatball sandwich, extra large sausage pizza and all you can eat fried shrimp buffet, all three with peppers. If I remember correctly, answer choice B was the cause and effect were possibly not in the correct order answer choice.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”