I am so disappointed with Powerscore!!! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
mlbennani

New

I am so disappointed with Powerscore!!!

Post by mlbennani » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:09 pm

I just called Powerscore by phone in order to ask for advice about one of their classes. The class starts on Aug. 11th (Mon-Wed-Sat from 6pm to 10 pm). I called because I will have class this fall on Wed. until 7:30. So I wanted to ask them if it is still worth taking the class knowing I would miss about 2 hours on Wed. in September. The person I talked to told me that I might get behind but that they have material online I can look at. So I asked if I can have the name of the instructor. He gave a first name (Ty), and when I asked for a last name he said it is Powerscore's policy not to reveal last names.
I thought it was so strange because I don't see any problem with it. It's not like I asked for the address or phone #.
Anyways, now I feel very disappointed and not sure if I should even consider this class anymore since its instructor is a top secret matter!
Am I overreacting?

doyleoil

Silver

Re: I am so disappointed with Powerscore!!!

Post by doyleoil » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:10 pm

mlbennani wrote:I just called Powerscore by phone in order to ask for advice about one of their classes. The class starts on Aug. 11th (Mon-Wed-Sat from 6pm to 10 pm). I called because I will have class this fall on Wed. until 7:30. So I wanted to ask them if it is still worth taking the class knowing I would miss about 2 hours on Wed. in September. The person I talked to told me that I might get behind but that they have material online I can look at. So I asked if I can have the name of the instructor. He gave a first name (Ty), and when I asked for a last name he said it is Powerscore's policy not to reveal last names.
I thought it was so strange because I don't see any problem with it. It's not like I asked for the address or phone #.
Anyways, now I feel very disappointed and not sure if I should even consider this class anymore since its instructor is a top secret matter!
Am I overreacting?
you are - so stop it

mlbennani

New

Post by mlbennani » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:12 pm

doyleoil wrote:
mlbennani wrote:I just called Powerscore by phone in order to ask for advice about one of their classes. The class starts on Aug. 11th (Mon-Wed-Sat from 6pm to 10 pm). I called because I will have class this fall on Wed. until 7:30. So I wanted to ask them if it is still worth taking the class knowing I would miss about 2 hours on Wed. in September. The person I talked to told me that I might get behind but that they have material online I can look at. So I asked if I can have the name of the instructor. He gave a first name (Ty), and when I asked for a last name he said it is Powerscore's policy not to reveal last names.
Am I overreacting?
you are - so stop it
Anything constructive to say? otherwise I'll pass!

doyleoil

Silver

Post by doyleoil » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:13 pm

mlbennani wrote:
doyleoil wrote:
Am I overreacting?
you are - so stop it
stop being an idiot?

mlbennani

New

Post by mlbennani » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:14 pm

doyleoil wrote:
mlbennani wrote:
doyleoil wrote:
Am I overreacting?
you are - so stop it
or ignore you would be even better!
stop being an idiot?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Audio Technica Guy

Bronze

Post by Audio Technica Guy » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:14 pm

For most companies, it's policy to not give out the instructor's personal info unless you are actually in the course.

Why in the world did you want the instructor's last name anyway if you weren't trying to get other personal info they might not want someone who is not in the class to have? What good would that info do for you?

D. H2Oman

Platinum

Post by D. H2Oman » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:14 pm

Am I overreacting?
I'm overreacting

Yes, yes you are.

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:16 pm

this thread needs a funny .jpeg

mlbennani

New

Post by mlbennani » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Audio Technica Guy wrote:For most companies, it's policy to not give out the instructor's personal info unless you are actually in the course.

Why in the world did you want the instructor's last name anyway if you weren't trying to get other personal info they might not want someone who is not in the class to have? What good would that info do for you?
I guess find out if it's worth spending $1,295. Nevermind. It was an honest question that I have but I see that people are just waiting for an opportunity to spread their venom! I really don't understand why do certain people respond just for the heck of being jerks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

doyleoil

Silver

Post by doyleoil » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:19 pm

mlbennani wrote:
Audio Technica Guy wrote:For most companies, it's policy to not give out the instructor's personal info unless you are actually in the course.

I guess find out if it's worth spending $1,295. Nevermind. It was an honest question that I have but I see that people are just waiting for an opportunity to spread their venom! I really don't understand why do certain people respond just for the heck of being jerks!
mostly we're just trying to kill an hour before quitting time - that, and we don't like stalkers

HBK

Bronze

Post by HBK » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:20 pm

mlbennani wrote:
doyleoil wrote:
Am I overreacting?
you are - so stop it
You asked if you were overreacting. The poster said you were and advised you to stop doing so. That's constructive.

Audio Technica Guy

Bronze

Post by Audio Technica Guy » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:21 pm

mlbennani wrote:

How is having someone's last name going to tell you if its worth 1295? Genuinely curious. Don't mean to offend dooder.

dub

New

Post by dub » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:23 pm

You're a moron. No, like seriously.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

HBK

Bronze

Post by HBK » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:24 pm

mlbennani wrote:

Welcome to the internet. Yes, a class can be a very good thing, especially if you are still in classes (since you may not be as motivated to study). Of all the classes out there, Powerscore is one of the best. Unless you are highly self motivated, I'd say take the class.

VA LawDog

New

Post by VA LawDog » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:27 pm

Am I overreacting?
Is this a flame? You're going to judge the effectiveness of an entire program based upon whether or not they tell you the instructor's last name?

Unless, of course, you intend to find out where he/she live or works and harass them.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:28 pm

you have a conflict during one of the class meeting times. Your choices are a) either find a way to make up for this and take the class, b) change your schedule to free up time for the class, c) find another company or time to take the course with

and yes you are overreacting. Asking for first names is okay, asking for first and last names is a lot of info ( especially since you know what company the person works for- it is easier to become a total creeper or identity stealer) I think it says good things about hte company for not giving out this info...

mlbennani

New

Post by mlbennani » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:56 pm

Audio Technica Guy wrote:
mlbennani wrote:

How is having someone's last name going to tell you if its worth 1295? Genuinely curious. Don't mean to offend dooder.
Maybe I wanna know to avoid something like this:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &sk=t&sd=a

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Audio Technica Guy

Bronze

Post by Audio Technica Guy » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:00 pm

mlbennani wrote:
Audio Technica Guy wrote: How is having someone's last name going to tell you if its worth 1295? Genuinely curious. Don't mean to offend dooder.
I still don't understand how having the teacher's last name will prevent that. I'm sure if you asked what his score was they'd be glad to tell you.

mlbennani

New

Post by mlbennani » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:03 pm

mlbennani wrote:
Audio Technica Guy wrote: How is having someone's last name going to tell you if its worth 1295? Genuinely curious. Don't mean to offend dooder.
I still don't understand how having the teacher's last name will prevent that. I'm sure if you asked what his score was they'd be glad to tell you.
Yeah like they would tell you the truth!
Maybe somebody here could have told me how wonderful Mr. Ty xxxx is or whatever!!!

(http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &sk=t&sd=a)

Audio Technica Guy

Bronze

Post by Audio Technica Guy » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:11 pm

mlbennani wrote:
mlbennani wrote:
Yeah like they would tell you the truth!
Maybe somebody here could have told me how wonderful Mr. Ty xxxx is or whatever!!!

(http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &sk=t&sd=a)
If you posted what area you were considering taking it, I'm sure people here would be able to tell you. I seriously doubt Powerscore, which isn't a big company, has multiple Ty's in the same area teaching LSAT classes.

Also, you definitely sound like a shill account.

Geist13

Silver

Post by Geist13 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:22 pm

have you ever worked for ..... any sort of company whatsoever. I've never heard of it not being against company policy to give out personal information about employees. Full name is absolutely personal information.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Nikrall

Bronze

Post by Nikrall » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:26 pm

Geist13 wrote:have you ever worked for ..... any sort of company whatsoever. I've never heard of it not being against company policy to give out personal information about employees. Full name is absolutely personal information.
http://www.testmasters.net/lsat/faculty.aspx

TheOcho

Bronze

Post by TheOcho » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:35 pm

Your strong disappointment with Powerscore for not releasing the first and last name of an instructor for a class you are not enrolled in is very, very odd. You are a strange creature indeed.

mlbennani

New

Post by mlbennani » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:02 pm

Nikrall wrote:
Geist13 wrote:have you ever worked for ..... any sort of company whatsoever. I've never heard of it not being against company policy to give out personal information about employees. Full name is absolutely personal information.
http://www.testmasters.net/lsat/faculty.aspx
hmm... must be from another galaxy! thanks so much Nikrall.... I will check out Testmasters then. After all, I guess I am not the only strange creature in this place!

Thread closed! all those jerks who get a high out of being mean... go find yourself another thread!
Done.

blurbz

Silver

Post by blurbz » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:04 pm

Please, just tell us how knowing the last name of an instructor makes even the slightest amount of difference?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”