How to get the most out of LG and LR bibles Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
DC_Sportsfan21

New

How to get the most out of LG and LR bibles

Post by DC_Sportsfan21 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:28 pm

Basically I have just started my prep for the december Lsat and was wondering which is the best method to go through the bibles. They just came in from amazon a couple days ago, should I go through one book than do practice sections for a couple weeks then go through the other one and do practice sections or would it be better to do a chapter in one then do a practice section on the corresponding chapter.

I have read through pithypike's and the lsat blog but neither really tell you a time frame using the books, how long should each book take I have given roughly 4 hours a day for the next 2 months to LSAT prep. I feel like I could go through a bible in 3-4 days but don't know if that is a good idea.

I understand my question is a little convoluted, I truly appreciate your help.

Thanks

blink

Bronze

Re: How to get the most out of LG and LR bibles

Post by blink » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:31 pm

tag for interest

Edit: fixed.
Last edited by blink on Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Audio Technica Guy

Bronze

Post by Audio Technica Guy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:48 pm

blink wrote:bump for interest
Bad form to "bump" a thread 3 minutes after its posted.

I say do each of the bibles very thoroughly before you do practice tests. Don't "race" through them. Make sure you fully, 100% get every point in every drill before you move on. Then do practice tests once that is finished and refer back to the bibles if you're struggling with a certain topic in your practice tests.

DC_Sportsfan21

New

Post by DC_Sportsfan21 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:10 pm

Audio Technica Guy wrote:

I say do each of the bibles very thoroughly before you do practice tests. Don't "race" through them. Make sure you fully, 100% get every point in every drill before you move on. Then do practice tests once that is finished and refer back to the bibles if you're struggling with a certain topic in your practice tests.
wait so are you saying go through each book individually then start practice tests, and if so at what point should i start doing timed tests? after 10 15 20 tests?

Audio Technica Guy

Bronze

Post by Audio Technica Guy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:29 pm

DC_Sportsfan21 wrote:
Audio Technica Guy wrote:

wait so are you saying go through each book individually then start practice tests, and if so at what point should i start doing timed tests? after 10 15 20 tests?
No set line there. I'd say start with doing probably 5 tests worth of stuff untimed, then do one test untimed, one test timed for a few rouns. Then do two tests timed, one test untimed, then do all timed after that.

Biggest thing is to make sure you review your tests thoroughly. Don't just do them and check the answers and be done. Spend at least as much time reviewing your tests as you spent doing them at first.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fosterp

Bronze

Post by fosterp » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:22 am

Well this is how I am doing it, not sure if its best but I sort of followed the sticky guide as well. I spent the first few days just reading through the LRB doing all the practice questions and such. I didn't yet get the preptests in the mail yet so I just stuck to just reading the entire book at once. Now I am starting through the LGB and have covered the first chapters up to grouping, and my preptests should come tomorrow. I am going to group up all the logic games by category according to the guide and focus on a few game types at a time, reading through the chapters as I go, and doing the corresponding games from the ptests. At the same time, I will be spending time going through each LR section, since I imagine theres no easy way to break up and categorize each LR question. After grading each section I'll take note of the types of questions I am missing, and then I can review the LRB as needed. More than likely I will have to review the conditional and formal logic sections since they are the most technical.

Haven't yet decided on how to approach RC yet since it seems the consensus there isn't too much prepping you can do for the section, and a lot of the LR concepts apply there as well.

Precessional

New

Post by Precessional » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:57 pm

I'm just beginning my prep, and I've decided to juggle the three sections as evenly as I can. The skillsets and habits cultivated in PS Bible study doesn't look to be compartmentalized. I fear that alternating between LG and LR, I would lose hard-earned LSAT-powers to rust or forgetfulness.

I've read two or three stories of LSAT peeps undergoing major score drops after long layoffs. I'm assuming that the phenomenon is also true on a per-section basis.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”