Logic Games advice Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
washin34

New

Logic Games advice

Post by washin34 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:21 pm

The games on PTs 7-18 are incredibly harder for me. Sometimes I don't even complete them in time. I've read on TLS that these games are not reflective of the games on the current LSAT. I am able to complete games from PTs 29 to current with much less difficulty (avg-6). How irrelevant are these early games? Should I focus on games from PTs 29 to current since they are more typical of what is on the LSAT?

asoularisen

New

Re: Logic Games advice

Post by asoularisen » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:26 pm

Well, it just depends on how much risk you're willing to assume in favor of not having to master as much difficult material. There's always the small chance that an obscure old school game type could pop up again, but it's just not LIKELY.

If you don't want to take the whatever marginal % chance that the game will in fact show up on the LSAT you take, then it's probably a good idea to try and masters those game types; but if you're ok knowing that most likely you'll be ok without them, then that's fine too. Obviously, no one can really offer an EXACT percentage on how likely such game types are to show up on a new LSAT.

washin34

New

Post by washin34 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:29 pm

I'm guessing it's a good idea to master the old games, in general...

Nikrall

Bronze

Post by Nikrall » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:34 pm

washin34 wrote:The games on PTs 7-18 are incredibly harder for me. Sometimes I don't even complete them in time. I've read on TLS that these games are not reflective of the games on the current LSAT. I am able to complete games from PTs 29 to current with much less difficulty (avg-6). How irrelevant are these early games? Should I focus on games from PTs 29 to current since they are more typical of what is on the LSAT?
They aren't that irrelevant. Getting good at them will help you. Game 3 of the most recent test is a good example of a game that is a bit unusual. Getting better at all sorts of different games will help you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”