WARNING: Do NOT Take Blueprint in NYC Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
gerryapthud

New

WARNING: Do NOT Take Blueprint in NYC

Post by gerryapthud » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:35 pm

They have only one instructor in New York (his name is Colin Elzie) and HE IS TERRIBLE! My friend, who just took their spring course and ended up cancelling her score, said he is really overweight, talks with a heavy lisp and doesn't give a rat's ass about his students improvement. She said he wasted about half of the class time telling irrelevant stories and trying to be funny.

crossingforHYS

Silver

Re: WARNING: Do NOT Take Blueprint in NYC

Post by crossingforHYS » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:37 pm

seems like a flame....
kind of ironic that your complaining instead of her. I assume TM troll personally.
Sick of people bagging on others when their opinion is not asked...or even when they themsleves where not in the class.

If you have nothing constructive to say do not say anything at all

gerryapthud

New

Post by gerryapthud » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:54 pm

Don't see how advising students to avoid a bad instructor isn't constructive. We were at a party and she showed us a YouTube video of him, and he was the butt of many jokes. She also said she got tricked into taking Blueprint by reading messages on this forum that she thought were from students but she later found out they were from Blueprint employees.

ajmanyjah

Bronze

Post by ajmanyjah » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:05 pm

gerryapthud wrote:They have only one instructor in New York (his name is Colin Elzie) and HE IS TERRIBLE! My friend, who just took their spring course and ended up cancelling her score, said he is really overweight, talks with a heavy lisp and doesn't give a rat's ass about his students improvement. She said he wasted about half of the class time telling irrelevant stories and trying to be funny.

Total fail...he has no lisp, met him yesterday

I think your friend (if she exists) might just be retarded

merichard87

Silver

Post by merichard87 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:09 pm

Maybe this post would have been received better had you simply warned of the instructor and not an entire program. Also, whenever I see the Blueprint employees posting here they have bp after their name.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:12 pm

Fuck British petroleum!!!!!!....................................................wait what?

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:15 pm

Prep courses are a waste of time and money? Fuck, my world is collapsing around me.

dub

New

Post by dub » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:16 pm

gerryapthud

New

Post by gerryapthud » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:24 pm

Told you he sucked. And you can't transfer because he's the only instructor they have there.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

crossingforHYS

Silver

Post by crossingforHYS » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:32 pm

you realize you have only 2 posts. It's not constructive to talk Shi* about someone and make fun of their lisps/weight and just be an ass period. look I would understand if it was YOU that took this course or if you had an issue with him that once you brought it up it wasnt resolved...all fine and dandy...but from this post I just see a mean person who did not deny being a flame or a TM employee with 3 posts on the message board.

There is nothing constructive in that...I would need more info to actually be able to evaluate your comments in a cohesive manner, right now they seem off and posted for no reason really since you did not have any contact...oh and your friend did not even recieve a score...she canceled...so please stop posting and cluttering the boards. Thank you

crossingforHYS

Silver

Post by crossingforHYS » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:35 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:Fuck British petroleum!!!!!!....................................................wait what?
:) :lol:

gerryapthud

New

Post by gerryapthud » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:40 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:you realize you have only 2 posts. It's not constructive to talk Shi* about someone and make fun of their lisps/weight and just be an ass period. look I would understand if it was YOU that took this course or if you had an issue with him that once you brought it up it wasnt resolved...all fine and dandy...but from this post I just see a mean person who did not deny being a flame or a TM employee with 3 posts on the message board.

There is nothing constructive in that...I would need more info to actually be able to evaluate your comments in a cohesive manner, right now they seem off and posted for no reason really since you did not have any contact...oh and your friend did not even recieve a score...she canceled...so please stop posting and cluttering the boards. Thank you
Sorry loser, but I'll talk about whatever I want. My friend got suckered by stuff she read on this board so I thought I'd make sure people got the real story. I didn't deny being a "flame" or "TM employee" because I don't even know what you mean.

Matthies

Silver

Post by Matthies » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:43 pm

gerryapthud wrote:Don't see how advising students to avoid a bad instructor isn't constructive. We were at a party and she showed us a YouTube video of him, and he was the butt of many jokes. She also said she got tricked into taking Blueprint by reading messages on this forum that she thought were from students but she later found out they were from Blueprint employees.
You mean I should not base a decision on whether or not to spend 1000's of dollars just on the advice given on internet message boards by anonymous posters? Right, next you're going to tell me I'm not going to make 70 times my money back when that Nigerian price wires me his cash.

Canceling was probably the smartest thing you friend has done so far.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Tautology

Bronze

Post by Tautology » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:46 pm

Matthies wrote:
gerryapthud wrote:Don't see how advising students to avoid a bad instructor isn't constructive. We were at a party and she showed us a YouTube video of him, and he was the butt of many jokes. She also said she got tricked into taking Blueprint by reading messages on this forum that she thought were from students but she later found out they were from Blueprint employees.
You mean I should not base a decision on whether or not to spend 1000's of dollars just on the advice given on internet message boards by anonymous posters? Right, next you're going to tell me I'm not going to make 70 times my money back when that Nigerian price wires me his cash.

I want to know how she "later found out."

crossingforHYS

Silver

Post by crossingforHYS » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:47 pm

gerryapthud wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:you realize you have only 2 posts. It's not constructive to talk Shi* about someone and make fun of their lisps/weight and just be an ass period. look I would understand if it was YOU that took this course or if you had an issue with him that once you brought it up it wasnt resolved...all fine and dandy...but from this post I just see a mean person who did not deny being a flame or a TM employee with 3 posts on the message board.

Sorry loser, but I'll talk about whatever I want. My friend got suckered by stuff she read on this board so I thought I'd make sure people got the real story. I didn't deny being a "flame" or "TM employee" because I don't even know what you mean.
see now calling me a loser makes me feel like you are a fifth grader

Cleareyes

Bronze

Post by Cleareyes » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:57 pm

Mentioning his lisp and weight makes you look bitter and reduces your credibility. It is a pointless personal attack having nothing to do with someone's ability to teach and by the time we get to the relevant criticisms (Doesn't care about students, wastes time on pointless anecdotes) you already look like someone who has a person grudge against this guy rather than a disinterested party trying to warn people away from a bad teacher.

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:01 pm

I watched the YouTube video you just showed. To me it looked like he is a pretty good instructor... No one is perfect, and making personal attacks just makes your points less credible. A couple days ago I was doing some LSAT questions, and this was actually the correct answer- makes a personal attack. :) Colin I believe is on these boards. I can't wait for him to chime in.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

crossingforHYS

Silver

Post by crossingforHYS » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:06 pm

Cleareyes wrote:Mentioning his lisp and weight makes you look bitter and reduces your credibility. It is a pointless personal attack having nothing to do with someone's ability to teach and by the time we get to the relevant criticisms (Doesn't care about students, wastes time on pointless anecdotes) you already look like someone who has a person grudge against this guy rather than a disinterested party trying to warn people away from a bad teacher.
+1

fenway

Bronze

Post by fenway » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:23 pm

ive PM'ed "bpcolin" a few times and he's been very nice/helpful

cubswin

Silver

Post by cubswin » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:38 pm

His obviously planted jokes were a bit lame, but that video didn't make me think he was a bad instructor. If he wastes too much class time, then that's a legitimate criticism. But OP makes himself and his friend sounds pretty immature in this thread.

bkwhopper

New

Post by bkwhopper » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:44 pm

Don't listen to OP. I took Colin's course in California a couple years ago. I credit him for my 27+ increase on the LSAT. He's a great LSAT teacher. Don't let a Testmasters troll tell you otherwise.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

takehold

New

Post by takehold » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:52 pm

Lurker here who just recently made an account on account (repetition unintended) of beginning study for the October 2010 test.

I am completely neutral and unbiased on this matter. I went to a mock LSAT prep class organized by my UG's pre-law society and Colin was the teacher there. As some of you have said concerning the video, Colin seems to be a pretty good teacher. I certainly didn't get the impression that he was uncaring during the session I was at. It seems like Blueprint's philosophy is to infuse jokes, comic relief, and such into preparation with the intent of making it more enjoyable. If this seems contrary to your desires then you might want to consider other study options, but the majority of those who wish to take prep courses probably won't view this approach as harmful.

To any actually considering taking Blueprint in NYC, keep in mind that OP's experience most likely isn't typical and that you should try to do your own research on teachers, classes, etc. because different things might work better/worse for different people.

quasi-stellar

New

Post by quasi-stellar » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:19 pm

Just checked out the video. I think the guy is totally cool.

pumpernickel

New

Post by pumpernickel » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:53 pm

Matthies wrote:

+1
fenway wrote:ive PM'ed "bpcolin" a few times and he's been very nice/helpful
Of course he's been very nice/helpful. He wants your $$$$.

I hope there aren't any real consumers on here who are falling for this BS. BTW, ajmanyjah, bkwhopper, and takehold are all Blueprint shill accounts.

HiLine

Bronze

Post by HiLine » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:07 pm

Is it true that Blueprint has only one instructor in NYC? If that is the case, whether one should enroll in a BP course in NYC pretty much depends on the quality of that one instructor. General information about BP elsewhere is irrelevant. Just wanted to point that out.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”