Bicycling to test center? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
sgtgrumbles

Silver

Bicycling to test center?

Post by sgtgrumbles » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:06 pm

I'll be taking the October LSAT in New York City and am wondering whether I should ride my bicycle to the exam. I bike 4 miles to work every day and consider the bike ride part of my wake-up process. My test center is actually on the route I take to work at about 3.5 of the 4 miles. The cons are fairly obvious: potential accident (though I've never been in one in a full year of every-day city riding), bike malfunction, rain on test day that prevents me from riding, potential discomfort from sweatiness (though October is a pretty perfect month for biking, brisk without being cold). Still, since biking is part of my daily routine I'm reluctant to forgo it. If I were to ride I'd give myself enough time to be able to take a cab or subway if, say, my bike spontaneously disintegrated during the ride, and enough time to cool down once I arrive. FYI, the commuting time by bike and subway is nearly identical, roughly 25 minutes.

Anyone have experience with this, or advice or suggestions? If I take the subway instead, should I also take it to work for the two weeks before the exam to accustom myself to it?

modestsquirrel

New

Re: Bicycling to test center?

Post by modestsquirrel » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:17 pm

sgtgrumbles wrote:I'll be taking the October LSAT in New York City and am wondering whether I should ride my bicycle to the exam. I bike 4 miles to work every day and consider the bike ride part of my wake-up process. My test center is actually on the route I take to work at about 3.5 of the 4 miles. The cons are fairly obvious: potential accident (though I've never been in one in a full year of every-day city riding), bike malfunction, rain on test day that prevents me from riding, potential discomfort from sweatiness (though October is a pretty perfect month for biking, brisk without being cold). Still, since biking is part of my daily routine I'm reluctant to forgo it. If I were to ride I'd give myself enough time to be able to take a cab or subway if, say, my bike spontaneously disintegrated during the ride, and enough time to cool down once I arrive. FYI, the commuting time by bike and subway is nearly identical, roughly 25 minutes.

Anyone have experience with this, or advice or suggestions? If I take the subway instead, should I also take it to work for the two weeks before the exam to accustom myself to it?

I don't know. What should I wear tonight? Or what should I eat for dinner? Who cares. Just don't get trapped on the subway.

doug_7506

New

Post by doug_7506 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:25 pm

if you consier it part of your wake up routine do it. I think being calm on test day is trying to treat it like any other day. Now with that being said, make sure you leave PLENTY early enough, and if everything goes fine, do some warmups at the testing center and if shit hits the fan, you still have time to make it there...

hotdog123

Bronze

Post by hotdog123 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:28 pm

I'd be too worried about a flat tire or broken chain to take my bike.

I'd start taking the Subway a few weeks before the test to get used to it.

Routines are important.

modestsquirrel

New

Post by modestsquirrel » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:33 pm

I want to say: (A) I hate this post. (B) I am neurotic- so in a sense I am interested in this.
That said, I think it would be helpful to know specifics, namely, what subway line he expects to take. This is New York we are talking about, I trust?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

modestsquirrel

New

Post by modestsquirrel » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:34 pm

RC fail. It is NYC. Sorry

BruceBarr

Bronze

Post by BruceBarr » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:43 pm

modestsquirrel wrote:RC fail. It is NYC. Sorry
Dude, on behalf of everyone on this website: shut the fuck up.

modestsquirrel

New

Post by modestsquirrel » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:50 pm

BruceBarr wrote:
modestsquirrel wrote:RC fail. It is NYC. Sorry
Dude, on behalf of everyone on this website: shut the fuck up.

What is your problem?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”