ad deleted Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jollyranchers22

New

ad deleted

Post by jollyranchers22 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:29 pm

ad deleted due to a bizarre, abnormally paranoid inividual below or perhaps an amazon seller who wants to promote and sell his/her books. all my books and their conditions were accurately stated and my sole purpose was to gain some of the money i spent buying these books which to reiterate, were barely used. i could continue on with the posting of the ad, but 1) you screwed up my ad and 2) you questioned my integrity and motives without knowing my true intentions which is more insulting than you may realize. good luck with you endeavors and i hope karma doesn't bite you in the a** in the future
Last edited by jollyranchers22 on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Nietzsche_NYU

New

Re: Selling Excellent LSAT Books from Powerscore, Nova's, Barron

Post by Nietzsche_NYU » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:53 pm

jollyranchers22 wrote:Selling 4 brand new LSAT Books.

1) LSAT Logic Games Bible from Powerscore ISBN: 9780980178203 (2002-2009 Edition) (New book; minor crease and tiny tear on back cover but hardly noticeable) ($35)
2) LSAT Logical Reasoning Bible from Powerscore ISBN: 9780980178258 (2004-2010 Edition) (new book; excellent condition) ($35)
3) Nova's Master the LSAT Book; ISBN: 9781889057316 (New book; Excellent Condition ) ($30)
4) Barron's LSAT Book; ISBN: 9780764195433 (New Book; Excellent Condition) ($30)

Willing to sell individually. Cost is negotiable but must be reasonable. There are no writing or any markings at all in any of the books. New.
1) Brand New at Amazon = $40 http://www.amazon.com/PowerScore-LSAT-L ... ap_title_0
2) Brand New at Amazon = $40 http://www.amazon.com/LSAT-Logical-Reas ... pd_sim_b_1
3) Brand New at Amazon = $33 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/188905 ... =486539851
4) Brand New at Amazon(w/ CD) = $25 http://www.amazon.com/Barrons-LSAT-CD-R ... 1_1?ie=UTF

You must be a 'genius' salesman(or woman) if you are able to sell Used books as New books. If that wasn't enough, you're able to sell Used(read: OLD, 2nd hand ... no matter what the condition is, the value only depreciates) books for more than what the New books cost. Maybe, those who don't do their research deserve these kind of awesome deals. :roll:

Nietzsche_NYU

New

Re: ad deleted

Post by Nietzsche_NYU » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:16 am

jollyranchers22 wrote:ad deleted due to a bizarre, abnormally paranoid inividual below or perhaps an amazon seller who wants to promote and sell his/her books. all my books and their conditions were accurately stated and my sole purpose was to gain some of the money i spent buying these books which to reiterate, were barely used. i could continue on with the posting of the ad, but 1) you screwed up my ad and 2) you questioned my integrity and motives without knowing my true intentions which is more insulting than you may realize. good luck with you endeavors and i hope karma doesn't bite you in the a** in the future
I don't see any reason to delete the ad or get all riled up. All you had to do was correct the information(which might not have been intentional) and maybe adjust the prices and make them reasonable to begin with, rather than waiting for someone to make a reasonable offer. I did not mean to insult you in any way and I apologize if it came that way(though I would rather you take it that way if you were intentionally trying to sell that Used Barron's book for more than the price of the New book). I understand that your sole purpose was to gain some money; and eventually, indirectly, help others save some money by buying for less. However, your posting came of as if you were trying to rip off already broke students(initially came to this thread to see if I could find a good deal; so not an Amazon seller ... have never sold a book on Amazon till now) and that's what made me a bit irritated and post here.

Friendly suggestions to correct the posting and go ahead once again with the ad(I don't want karma to bite me in the ass :wink: ):
You might want to list the books as Like New - in excellent condition rather than "New Book" as that's very misleading.
Reduce the price of Barron's book
Throw in free shipping to make the 1st 3 deals a bit more appealing

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:06 am

jollyranchers22 wrote:ad deleted due to a bizarre, abnormally paranoid inividual below or perhaps an amazon seller who wants to promote and sell his/her books. all my books and their conditions were accurately stated and my sole purpose was to gain some of the money i spent buying these books which to reiterate, were barely used. i could continue on with the posting of the ad, but 1) you screwed up my ad and 2) you questioned my integrity and motives without knowing my true intentions which is more insulting than you may realize. good luck with you endeavors and i hope karma doesn't bite you in the a** in the future
If you labeled used books as 'new', he was absolutely right to question you no matter your 'intentions'.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:45 am

If you want to buy books off TLSers, do it from someone with more than 1 post.

Nietzsche_NYU wins the Internet. Well done (like this thread now is).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”