Testmasters 2N/2S questions vs Powerscore justify/assumption Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
roballen

New

Testmasters 2N/2S questions vs Powerscore justify/assumption

Post by roballen » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:40 pm

I had previously taken a testmasters course and now using the PS bibles. I just started the chapter on justify/assumptions questions. I was wondering if anyone knew if the testmasters 2N questions are equivalent to the justify questions or are they to the assumption questions?

Jeffort

Gold

Re: Testmasters 2N/2S questions vs Powerscore justify/assumption

Post by Jeffort » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:43 pm

roballen wrote:I had previously taken a testmasters course and now using the PS bibles. I just started the chapter on justify/assumptions questions. I was wondering if anyone knew if the testmasters 2N questions are equivalent to the justify questions or are they to the assumption questions?
PS Justify the conclusion questions = TM 2S sufficient assumption questions, NOT 2N questions. The 'N' in TM taxonomy for 2N refers to necessary, whereas the 'S' in 2S refers to sufficient, therefore in PS lingo assumption questions would equate to TM 2N questions.

mottainai

Bronze

Re: Testmasters 2N/2S questions vs Powerscore justify/assumption

Post by mottainai » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:09 pm

Powerscore also uses the supporter and defender classifications for assumption questions. If I remember correctly, don't Testmasters 2S questions also fit into the same mold as the supporter assumption questions?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”