Retaking October Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
am060459

Silver

Re: Retaking October Thread

Post by am060459 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:05 pm

taking superprep test A tomorrow. 4 section test with no breaks. hopefully i can break 160.

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:32 pm

I've been doing 5 LG sections a day, most of them for the third or second time, but I don't really see much improvement. I usually finish the section with a minute or two to spare and usually don't miss more than 1 or 2 questions (mostly dumb mistakes). The problem is that some sections I can't even finish on time because I still get hung up on some of the games. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but after yet another 25 sections I don't see any improvement.

I'm sure that LG is going to be a make it or break it deal on the test, which is why I'm trying to master the section. But I feel like I've hit a brick wall and my success is left to chance.

Anyone has the same issue or care to give some advice?

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:32 pm

5 LG sections a day? IMO I would concentrate on doing individual LG games - for my grouping hybrids or some other type of game is my weakest point - I've found that just doing and redoing those until I get them right is helping a little. On a normal LG section I usually do fine on 3 of the games and have 1 game that just screws me.

Just doing LG sections under timed conditions isnt going to help you learn them, atleast for me anyways. I keep repeating the same mistakes.

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:58 pm

Sandro777 wrote:5 LG sections a day? IMO I would concentrate on doing individual LG games - for my grouping hybrids or some other type of game is my weakest point - I've found that just doing and redoing those until I get them right is helping a little. On a normal LG section I usually do fine on 3 of the games and have 1 game that just screws me.

Just doing LG sections under timed conditions isnt going to help you learn them, atleast for me anyways. I keep repeating the same mistakes.
Once I'm done with all three books I'm gonna go over all the games I did and analyze where most of my mistakes are coming from. Maybe I can detect some kind of a pattern or a problem area, which I can later focus on. And I also have a second set of books so I can do the games over again. I have the same problem of repeating mistakes.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:33 am

What I found easiest is to buy Cambridge's games grouped by type, use a program that saves their online pdf's to a file, and boom - you have every logic game within a few clicks of the mouse. So i just go through games until I get them -0 at less than ~8 mins, printing out new ones for re dos.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Rudy

New

Post by Rudy » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:47 am

I basically took the last two months off, and have been going back at it now. I've been finishing games in 5 minutes, so I hope that carries over o_O

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”