Experimental Section with extended time? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
roballen

New

Experimental Section with extended time?

Post by roballen » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:15 pm

Does anyone know if you are granted extra time on the lsat if you have to take the experimental section or do these test takers get a different test format?

cinefile 17

Bronze

Re: Experimental Section with extended time?

Post by cinefile 17 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:21 pm

LOL, I think you're a little confused.

Every LSAT has five sections. Two logical reasoning sections, a logic games section, a reading comprehension section, and an experimental section (that many be any one of the other three types). Every person gets one experimental section and it is treated exactly like the other sections (exactly 35 minutes). In fact, you're not supposed to be able to tell which section is the experimental.

mayday

New

Post by mayday » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:26 pm

Also worth noting that not everyone has the same experimental sections (so you can easily figure out which was which after the test by talking to people). The experimental section is also usually one of the first three sections of the LSAT. In a way, anyone who takes the LSAT is forking out $136 to help LSAC develop its tests.

justinmcl

New

Post by justinmcl » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:29 pm

mayday wrote:Also worth noting that not everyone has the same experimental sections (so you can easily figure out which was which after the test by talking to people). The experimental section is also usually one of the first three sections of the LSAT. In a way, anyone who takes the LSAT is forking out $136 to help LSAC develop its tests.
Taking this thread off-topic, but it really does not have anywhere to go. Is the LSAT completely funded by test takers? I think LSAC is non-profit, right?

Grond

Bronze

Post by Grond » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:34 pm

roballen wrote:Does anyone know if you are granted extra time on the lsat if you have to take the experimental section or do these test takers get a different test format?
I have been told by people that took an extended time LSAT that they got the same four sections, and did not get an experimental section.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bp colin

Bronze

Post by bp colin » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:37 pm

justinmcl wrote: Taking this thread off-topic, but it really does not have anywhere to go. Is the LSAT completely funded by test takers? I think LSAC is non-profit, right?

They get a steady revenue stream from us prep courses. We have to pay licensing fees to give students complete sets of problems. And then there are all the prep tests that they sell individually. And their books.

justinmcl

New

Post by justinmcl » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:39 pm

bp colin wrote:
justinmcl wrote: Taking this thread off-topic, but it really does not have anywhere to go. Is the LSAT completely funded by test takers? I think LSAC is non-profit, right?

They get a steady revenue stream from us prep courses. We have to pay licensing fees to give students complete sets of problems. And then there are all the prep tests that they sell individually. And their books.
Forgot about that, they made even more off of me through prep tests!

bp colin

Bronze

Post by bp colin » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:50 pm

justinmcl wrote:
bp colin wrote:

Forgot about that, they made even more off of me through prep tests!
Yeah, but they still do make a shitload of money off of LSATs given. In the 09-10 LSAT cycle they administered 170k tests. Multiply that by $136 and you've got 23 million dollars (although I'm not taking fee waivers into account).

snowfight

New

Post by snowfight » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:12 pm

Grond wrote:
roballen wrote:Does anyone know if you are granted extra time on the lsat if you have to take the experimental section or do these test takers get a different test format?
I have been told by people that took an extended time LSAT that they got the same four sections, and did not get an experimental section.
True. If you get extended time, there is no experimental section included. Also you may have to take the test on a different date than the actual exam date, depending on where you take the exam. As in, instead of June 7, take it June 8.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cinefile 17

Bronze

Post by cinefile 17 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:18 am

Grond wrote:
Oh, your questions makes a lot more sense now. I guess I'm the confused one :wink:

roballen

New

Post by roballen » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:43 am

cinefile 17 wrote:
Grond wrote:
Oh, your questions makes a lot more sense now. I guess I'm the confused one :wink:
Haha, it's okay.

snowfight wrote:
Grond wrote:
True. If you get extended time, there is no experimental section included. Also you may have to take the test on a different date than the actual exam date, depending on where you take the exam. As in, instead of June 7, take it June 8.

Have you taken the exam with extended time? If not, is there anyone that you would be able to put me in contact with who has?

stintez

Bronze

Post by stintez » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:56 am

i am about 99% sure that the experimental section is always one of the first three section.

snowfight

New

Post by snowfight » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:53 pm

roballen wrote:
cinefile 17 wrote:
Grond wrote:
Haha, it's okay.

snowfight wrote:
Grond wrote:

Have you taken the exam with extended time? If not, is there anyone that you would be able to put me in contact with who has?
yup. i did - time and a half. happy to answer any questions. but fyi, once i receive me score from this test (im hoping today), i might not check this site for a little while so best bet is to pm me and give me your email.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”