PT 36 Logic Game #3 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
FutureApplicant

New

PT 36 Logic Game #3

Post by FutureApplicant » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:46 am

Does anybody have any bright ideas for how to tackle the third logic game from preptest number 36 (bus seats)? I have now gone through it four times over the past couple months and it's still taking me WAY more than 8:45 to finish.

Thanks.

Atlas LSAT Teacher

Bronze

Re: PT 36 Logic Game #3

Post by Atlas LSAT Teacher » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:46 am

Yeah, it's not an easy game in that there's no big a-ha. You can find a discussion of the game here: http://www.atlaslsat.com/forums/preptes ... 6c8deb371f

I Hope that's helpful...

Chimica

New

Post by Chimica » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:54 am

What I remember from that game is that you generate two complete diagrams (one when M is in the aisle and one when K is next to G if I recall correctly) That helps with a few questions.

Also contra-positive helped me with that game as well.

hax123

New

Post by hax123 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:02 pm

You shouldn't expect to complete every logic game in 8:45 or less. This particular game is one of the toughest to ever appear on the LSAT, and you should spend at least 12 minutes on it. The other games in this section, especially the first and fourth, and really easy and will allow you to make up for the extra time you took on this game.

Anyway, there are no major inferences in this game, but the first rule allows you to set up two options: one with G in the first row, the other with G in the second row. Doing this will give you two options with four seats available, only one of which is an aisle seat.

FutureApplicant

New

Post by FutureApplicant » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:32 am

Thanks for the link to the game discussion, and the words of advice generally.

I guess the reason this game is frustrating is because on the face of it, it doesn't seem that hard. Unlike some other games that are obviously nightmarish (used/new CD's, tourists & tour guides), the bus seats game seems like it shouldn't be that bad: six variables into six slots, with a fairly limiting rule offering two major templates. Guess the reality is a bit different though.

Thanks again.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”