Notice on Hold Placed on File Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
eternallearner

Bronze

Notice on Hold Placed on File

Post by eternallearner » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Did anyone else receive this notice via email today?

"A hold has been placed on your file because you did not sign either your LSAT admission ticket, your LSAT answer sheet, your registration, or your report order form. A form letter has been sent to you. Please complete, sign, and respond as instructed on the letter."

Strange. I am sure I signed everything. Anyone else received this notice before or know that someone else who did?

jaydizzle

Silver

Re: Notice on Hold Placed on File

Post by jaydizzle » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:22 pm

Did you take the LSAT before? Maybe you improved by over 10+ points.

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:29 pm

They tend to investigate if it's a point increase. This is different.

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:42 pm

Ah, my mistake. I was assuming this was just a generic message they use for any situation when they send out emails about the holds. For a point increase what is the typical increase they hold your score for?

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:36 pm

jaydizzle wrote:Ah, my mistake. I was assuming this was just a generic message they use for any situation when they send out emails about the holds. For a point increase what is the typical increase they hold your score for?
They tend not to investigate more than they tend to investigate. Point increases are rare cause for investigation.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:02 am

CastleRock wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:Ah, my mistake. I was assuming this was just a generic message they use for any situation when they send out emails about the holds. For a point increase what is the typical increase they hold your score for?
They tend not to investigate more than they tend to investigate. Point increases are rare cause for investigation.
Meet the LSAT detective:

And his trusty intern/assistant/ultrasaur:

--ImageRemoved--

He's had a burning vendetta against velociraptors ever since witnessing his father's death as a child.

Crime scene photo:

mcleod.an

New

Post by mcleod.an » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:07 am

I also got an email from LSAC today, not regarding a hold, but about the fact that I entered info on the answer sheet that was not required when I signed up for my LSAC account. You know what this means? They KNOW our SCORES and are just F-ING with our minds!!!

mst

Silver

Post by mst » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:13 am

Oooorrrrrr, they want to make sure all the people that want to cancel get their cancellations sorted out, they want to ensure that any bad questions are removed, and they want to catch the cheaters before they get their awesome scores. But I'm sure "messing with their minds" is probably on their list too lol...

shoop

Bronze

Post by shoop » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:50 am

mcleod.an wrote:I also got an email from LSAC today, not regarding a hold, but about the fact that I entered info on the answer sheet that was not required when I signed up for my LSAC account. You know what this means? They KNOW our SCORES and are just F-ING with our minds!!!
What kind of info? I don't get it.

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:47 pm

mst wrote:Oooorrrrrr, they want to make sure all the people that want to cancel get their cancellations sorted out, they want to ensure that any bad questions are removed, and they want to catch the cheaters before they get their awesome scores. But I'm sure "messing with their minds" is probably on their list too lol...
I wonder how many cheaters get awesome scores... I mean, I hardly have enough time to finish my own section, let alone look at the person next to me, copy his answers, remember which section he's on, and do my own section. Too much! lol. Those people must be great multitaskers. That being said, it surely goes on. Unfortunately [or fortunately depending on who you ask], one of the kids I studied with on occasion got a testing violation for continuing to bubble after time was called. Never a wise choice.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”