RC LR LG LR RC Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
3|ink

Platinum

RC LR LG LR RC

Post by 3|ink » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:24 pm

I don't know if experimental sections vary, but did anyone find the experimental RC to be ridiculously easy? I was so sad when I found out it was experimental.

mst

Silver

Re: RC LR LG LR RC

Post by mst » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:30 pm

I found it EXTREMELY hard. I'm really confused that people keep saying they found it really easy. Either I freaked out in that section or I'm just dumb or we had different sections. I just wish I knew which one it was.

theZeigs

Bronze

Post by theZeigs » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:00 pm

Yeah I was so pumped about it, I know I nailed it. Was super depressed to not only find it was experimental, but that the real RC was much more difficult and dead last (I was somewhat fried in the 5th section).

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:28 pm

theZeigs wrote:Yeah I was so pumped about it, I know I nailed it. Was super depressed to not only find it was experimental, but that the real RC was much more difficult and dead last (I was somewhat fried in the 5th section).
Same here. I was praying for one more LR section. It was so easy!

MST - you must have had a different experimental section. Trust me. This one was unbelievably easy.

ScndCareertyme

New

Post by ScndCareertyme » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:58 pm

I second what theZeigs said, not only really bummed about the change in difficulty level, but dead last. that is the one section I do so much better on when it is early and I still have the adrenaline pumping thru my veins. I only had 5mins on that last section and with a usual performance of somewhere -1 to -5 I really have no idea how that section shook out, exp with/o being able to check it over. that section could have sunk my entire LSAT!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

adonai

Silver

Post by adonai » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:40 pm

I second everything said in here. First RC was really easy and I cruised through it with a few extra minutes left. During the break I was really hoping the games section was experimental and the RC legit. 2nd RC was more difficult and as soon as I saw that section my heart dropped and I almost wanted to just cancel.

mst

Silver

Post by mst » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:35 pm

Well I guess I'm lucky I'm the opposite of you all. The fact I did so poorly on the first RC really got my blood pumping and I did a million times better and worked so much faster on the real one because I was SO excited to have another chance.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:51 pm

first RC was soooo easy it kind of gave me a boost for the first LR section. then LG brought my high hopes down and it was all a drop from there, ending with a what I thought to be difficult RC :(

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:36 pm

mst wrote:Well I guess I'm lucky I'm the opposite of you all. The fact I did so poorly on the first RC really got my blood pumping and I did a million times better and worked so much faster on the real one because I was SO excited to have another chance.
Yep. You got off easy!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

goawaybee

Bronze

Post by goawaybee » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:42 pm

I ate the first RC...not that I performed much better on the final section but I can't even remember what any of the passages were about in the 1st RC and I remember all the final ones (how could you forgot those amazing and pleasurable selections, like a fine sunday morn' sippin' some cafe and just feeling good about life). Just wish I didn't throw the whole exam by having to use the facilities in the middle of the 1st LR section...ah live and learn. Then to come back and deal with games after feeling like you just threw the exam 40 minutes in BLAMMO, eat some sh*t soup on games.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:44 pm

goawaybee wrote:I ate the first RC...not that I performed much better on the final section but I can't even remember what any of the passages were about in the 1st RC and I remember all the final ones (how could you forgot those amazing and pleasurable selections, like a fine sunday morn' sippin' some cafe and just feeling good about life). Just wish I didn't throw the whole exam by having to use the facilities in the middle of the 1st LR section...ah live and learn. Then to come back and deal with games after feeling like you just threw the exam 40 minutes in BLAMMO, eat some sh*t soup on games.
I'd piss my pants before going to the bathroom during the LSAT.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:47 pm

I went to the bathroom during my Feb LSAT. bad choice. no more diet coke for me before the exam.

goawaybee

Bronze

Post by goawaybee » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:00 am

I wanted to hold but the simple reality is that it just blows your focus. I should have paid attention to the floorplan, logistics etc...on the front end. Honestly it was like 30ft from the door, just forgot. Major hand speeds toward forehead moment. Total loss of 2.30 maybe 3.00 to get there and be back in my seat. Would have been so worth it. Now knowing the basic "experimental" pops in the first 3 helps as well. allows you a moment to ease up a little, in my little crazy world at least. I didn't mind the sequence of this one, would have preferred an LR warm up round but begging has never gotten me anywhere.

I am thinking about a wicked defense for Oct. diapers, a bag whatever it takes...I have 0 interest in sitting for this a 3rd time.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mst

Silver

Post by mst » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:34 am

Seriously, I'm with the other guy. Just piss your pants dude.

zworykin

Bronze

Post by zworykin » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:02 am

I could see the proctors not taking too kindly toward someone who pissed his or her pants during the test. We can't even drink water during the test because it's too distracting--I'd think smelling the guy beside/in front of/behind me suddenly pissing his pants would be waaayyyy more distracting. :lol:

crossingforHYS

Silver

Post by crossingforHYS » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:48 am

3|ink wrote:I don't know if experimental sections vary, but did anyone find the experimental RC to be ridiculously easy? I was so sad when I found out it was experimental.
I knew it had to be experimental...it was funny AND easy....I was like they are either screwing with me, or this isn't the real thing.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:47 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:
3|ink wrote:I don't know if experimental sections vary, but did anyone find the experimental RC to be ridiculously easy? I was so sad when I found out it was experimental.
I knew it had to be experimental...it was funny AND easy....I was like they are either screwing with me, or this isn't the real thing.
But eventually it will be the real thing. I took an experimental games section December '09. Guess what games I took in June?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:03 pm

3|ink wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:
But eventually it will be the real thing. I took an experimental games section December '09. Guess what games I took in June?

Wow really?? Did that help you out? I took a practice test a second time once (proctored) and did worse on it because in the back of my mind I was trying to remember what I chose the first time instead of just concentrating on the task. I think with logic games it could definitly be helpful. I really hope that experimental RC section is on the October test!

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:05 pm

darby girl wrote:
3|ink wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:

Wow really?? Did that help you out? I took a practice test a second time once (proctored) and did worse on it because in the back of my mind I was trying to remember what I chose the first time instead of just concentrating on the task. I think with logic games it could definitly be helpful. I really hope that experimental RC section is on the October test!

It didn't help. I did better on that section the first time around because I GOT THEM ALL RIGHT (I felt confident about all of my answers). This time, I got everything but the last game. FFS!!!

baconpuffs

Bronze

Post by baconpuffs » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:56 pm

adonai wrote:First RC was really easy and I cruised through it with a few extra minutes left. During the break I was really hoping the games section was experimental and the RC legit.
This.

... but I really didn't find the scored RC to be terribly difficult either.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:21 am

mst wrote:Well I guess I'm lucky I'm the opposite of you all. The fact I did so poorly on the first RC really got my blood pumping and I did a million times better and worked so much faster on the real one because I was SO excited to have another chance.
This. BOMBED the first RC bad. Finished like 2 passages and got frozen on the economics one. It shattered my confidence. Went through the rest of the test and after the break before section 4 started I took a peak at the 4th and 5th and saw another RC and the adrenaline kicked in and I finished pretty strong. I don't know how I did on the reading comp, but all I am sure is that it went better than the first.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

brose

Silver

Post by brose » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:31 am

kkklick wrote:
This. BOMBED the first RC bad. Finished like 2 passages and got frozen on the economics one. It shattered my confidence. Went through the rest of the test and after the break before section 4 started I took a peak at the 4th and 5th and saw another RC and the adrenaline kicked in and I finished pretty strong. I don't know how I did on the reading comp, but all I am sure is that it went better than the first.
I had this reading comp, too... I was hoping for 2 experimental reading comps but it ended up being the death of me on the real day because the whole time after I finished that first section I was so in the gutter about doing horribly on it since it was my strength. I was glad to see the real RC as the fifth section but the damage had already been done because I was super down during the rest of the sections. Boo.

mattjs64

New

Post by mattjs64 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:56 am

mst wrote:I found it EXTREMELY hard. I'm really confused that people keep saying they found it really easy. Either I freaked out in that section or I'm just dumb or we had different sections. I just wish I knew which one it was.
I agree. May have been because it was the first section and nerves but I found it VERY hard. I found the real section much easier.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:58 am

mattjs64 wrote:
mst wrote:I found it EXTREMELY hard. I'm really confused that people keep saying they found it really easy. Either I freaked out in that section or I'm just dumb or we had different sections. I just wish I knew which one it was.
I agree. May have been because it was the first section and nerves but I found it VERY hard. I found the real section much easier.
This section was so much easier. I don't understand people. Sigh...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”