How high would your score have to be to set off red flags? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
TOMaHULK

Silver

How high would your score have to be to set off red flags?

Post by TOMaHULK » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:43 am

What score would it take to make red flags go off for you?

Example: There's no way I could have scored 175. There must have been a mistake. They are surely going to catch the grading error and then negate my score, so I might as well fess up now and avoid the consquences that'd ensure if I was to apply to T-14, only to have my score wipped out.

All these "predict your score threads" made me think of this.

I feel good about my test score, but if I get too high, I'll get nervous and be like "I'm not that damn good..." :lol:

Thoughts?

romothesavior

Diamond

Re: How high would your score have to be to set off red flags?

Post by romothesavior » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:48 am

Ummm.... What?

They aren't going to make a mistake grading. Relax.

aPosseAdEsse

Bronze

Post by aPosseAdEsse » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:50 am

Even if they mistakenly scored you too high, isn't that on them?

TOMaHULK

Silver

Post by TOMaHULK » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:53 am

aPosseAdEsse wrote:Even if they mistakenly scored you too high, isn't that on them?
But if they find out there's an error, etc, it's not like it's gonna stick.

And trust me, I'm not worried about "scoring too high" :D , just considered this scenerio.

dudders

Bronze

Post by dudders » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:54 am

How do you propose that LSAC will know that there's no way you could have scored a 175 and they must have graded your test wrong? All you are is a scantron and some $$ to them.

Plus you can check your score yourself ... you get to see your scantrons and an answer key when they release scores. If they really messed up either way you can report it and have your score corrected.

Take a chill pill or you're going to have a nervous breakdown in law school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

truffleshuffle

New

Post by truffleshuffle » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:57 am

They have no idea who you are, or what your abilities are. They won't question a high scorer unless there is something fishy about it.

TOMaHULK

Silver

Post by TOMaHULK » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:58 am

dudders wrote:How do you propose that LSAC will know that there's no way you could have scored a 175 and they must have graded your test wrong? All you are is a scantron and some $$ to them.

Plus you can check your score yourself ... you get to see your scantrons and an answer key when they release scores. If they really messed up either way you can report it and have your score corrected.

Take a chill pill or you're going to have a nervous breakdown in law school.
LOL, all of my friends who have went to law school and taken the bar tell me that A) the LSAT process is more stressful that school and B) the bar was easier for them than the LSAT. (SRS) :lol:

HBK

Bronze

Post by HBK » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:01 am

cinefile 17

Bronze

Post by cinefile 17 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:02 am

This is stupid

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:04 am

TOMaHULK wrote:LOL, all of my friends who have went to law school and taken the bar tell me that A) the LSAT process is more stressful that school and B) the bar was easier for them than the LSAT. (SRS) :lol:
Two possibilities here:

1:

Your friends lie. (Srs.)

2:

FLAME

TOMaHULK

Silver

Post by TOMaHULK » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:09 am

vanwinkle wrote:
TOMaHULK wrote:LOL, all of my friends who have went to law school and taken the bar tell me that A) the LSAT process is more stressful that school and B) the bar was easier for them than the LSAT. (SRS) :lol:
Two possibilities here:

1:

Your friends lie. (Srs.)

2:

FLAME
No flame.

And no, they aren't the type of people who lie.

The LSAT was an obstacle for each of them. They all tell me that they wish they wouldn't have stressed about it so much.

The said the bar was easier to them because they knew exactly what to study, and not just a pattern of test taking like the LSAT.

Call it what you will, but they all went to decent schools. SRS

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:19 am

This thread would be okay if like you made it asking "How high would your score have to be to make you ridiculously happy" or something (even that would be dumb).

But the point is: when you see your score that is your score. There are not going to be changes lol

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:04 pm

Stupid thread is stupid.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:21 pm

To answer the original question, I think getting a 181 would set off some kind of red flag, but that's just a hunch.

anonymousquestion

New

Post by anonymousquestion » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:33 pm

TOMaHULK wrote:What score would it take to make red flags go off for you?

Example: There's no way I could have scored 175. There must have been a mistake. They are surely going to catch the grading error and then negate my score, so I might as well fess up now and avoid the consquences that'd ensure if I was to apply to T-14, only to have my score wipped out.

I feel good about my test score, but if I get too high, I'll get nervous and be like "I'm not that damn good..." :lol:

Thoughts?
The LSAT is the most professionally administered graduate level exam in history. The day they make a mistake grading it is the day pigs fly. It is also remarkably consistent. If you were getting all 150s, your odds of a 175 are about 1 in a million. Conversely, if you were getting all 175s and got in the 150s, you were cheating on your prep tests.

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:55 pm

vanwinkle wrote:To answer the original question, I think getting a 181 would set off some kind of red flag, but that's just a hunch.
haha TITCR

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:10 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:18 pm

anonymousquestion wrote:
TOMaHULK wrote:What score would it take to make red flags go off for you?

Thoughts?
The LSAT is the most professionally administered graduate level exam in history. The day they make a mistake grading it is the day pigs fly. It is also remarkably consistent. If you were getting all 150s, your odds of a 175 are about 1 in a million. Conversely, if you were getting all 175s and got in the 150s, you were cheating on your prep tests.
This is BS. Lots of people PT in the 170s and get 150s. The real test takes some peoples nerves for a spin.

Hey-O

Silver

Post by Hey-O » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:40 pm

If I got a 180 I would probably think there was a mistake in the test or that I was the luckiest person in the world.

I see what OP is saying. It isn't just about being ridiculously happy about getting a score, it's about scoring above your legitimate abilities. Even if there wasn't a scoring error wouldn't some people feel like they were living on a borrowed dime? Getting into schools they don't deserve.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:59 am

Hey-O wrote:If I got a 180 I would probably think there was a mistake in the test or that I was the luckiest person in the world.

I see what OP is saying. It isn't just about being ridiculously happy about getting a score, it's about scoring above your legitimate abilities. Even if there wasn't a scoring error wouldn't some people feel like they were living on a borrowed dime? Getting into schools they don't deserve.
I think this falls into the category of things that aren't worth worrying about until it happens.

calicocat

Silver

Post by calicocat » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:17 am

HBK wrote:181
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TOMaHULK

Silver

Post by TOMaHULK » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:15 am

Hey-O wrote:If I got a 180 I would probably think there was a mistake in the test or that I was the luckiest person in the world.

For me I'd just always feel like they'd "fine out" and take it away from me and ship me to the Democratic Republic of Congo Law School to teach me morals. (No Democratic Republic of Congo Law School hate here) :lol:

Again, as many people above have said, I don't think I really have any think to worry about though. :oops: And this thread was made more as a "crazy things that cross our mind while waiting for our scores" more than anything else. People are taking it to srs. LOL :D

And regarding the above post, I agree. No reason to worry about it "until" it happens. It won't... (Sniffle-sniffle)

Interminable_Waiting

Bronze

Post by Interminable_Waiting » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:16 am

181 would do the trick.

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:44 am

Even if a 175+ were caused by an error, it is quite likely that (a) no one would ever find out, and (b) even if the LSAC did find out, they would probably do nothing about it unless they discovered the error immediately after scores were released. The October 2005 SAT had scoring errors, and College Board only corrected the scores of people who should have scored higher - they recognized how much it would screw over college applicants to have their SAT score lowered after college applications were due. I suspect LSAC would take the same approach.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”