Predict Your June 2010 LSAT score... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Bildungsroman

Platinum

Re: Predict Your June 2010 LSAT score...

Post by Bildungsroman » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:42 pm

FuManChusco

Silver

Post by FuManChusco » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:13 pm

cinefile 17 wrote:
3|ink wrote:I think it's harder to get a 120 than a 180. You probably can't get a 120 with all guesses. You have to identify the correct answer in every question and intentionally select another answer choice. If anything, a 120 should be as celebrated as a 180.
You could just leave them all blank (maybe except for one or two so a score actually gets calculated). Just curious, what's the lowest score that anyone has ever personally (not through the grape vine) known someone to get?
146. I think he took it again and got a 149. He's going TTTT.

cinefile 17

Bronze

Post by cinefile 17 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:15 pm

FuManChusco wrote:
cinefile 17 wrote:
3|ink wrote:I think it's harder to get a 120 than a 180. You probably can't get a 120 with all guesses. You have to identify the correct answer in every question and intentionally select another answer choice. If anything, a 120 should be as celebrated as a 180.
You could just leave them all blank (maybe except for one or two so a score actually gets calculated). Just curious, what's the lowest score that anyone has ever personally (not through the grape vine) known someone to get?
146. I think he took it again and got a 149. He's going TTTT.
Someone in my TM class was there b.c. she got a 136 on the real LSAT she took without prepping.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:20 pm

Someone I know got low 150's and then score in the 140s on the retake lol

notreallyalawyer

New

Post by notreallyalawyer » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:25 pm

not really into predictions. still unsure. felt good but you never know. i had LR-LG-LR-RC-LR. Unfortunately the test taker next to me didn't bring any tissues and was snorting every 15 seconds which needless to say was distracting and it threw me off a bit on the first LR which I had hoped would be experimental, but oh well. I still felt ok about it. I found the games to be fairly standard and within the realm of my expectations, but I can't remember them exactly. I know there was one simple linear game that took me about four minutes and the mulch game was just a pattern. Everyone keeps freaking about about the fourth game which I think was the intern game dealing with different countries (trying to be vague so as to not get banned). I don't necessarily remember the specifics but I think the key was in the distribution. There was definitely some time consuming hypothetical sketching required but I didn't find it outrageously hard, that is not beyond the scope of what I would expect from the test makers. The material in the RC was less dense than I had expected and I felt decent about the questions. There were a couple that I remember being torn on but we'll see. Let me preface the following statements with this: I am not a prospective law student. I'm graduating from Juilliard in the fall and, considering the questionable viability of a career in music, I thought I'd give myself the option of law school. I will probably not attend regardless of my score. That being said, it's kind of ridiculous to see everyone freaking out about the test. (And frankly, as an aside, numbers above 170 pop up WAY too much in these posts). A law degree is a law degree, correct? Sure, prestigious degrees open more doors more quickly, however, are you really condemned to document review for the rest of your life if you go to (god forbid) a school outside of the top 50? Ahh, now the ranting begins. This is a problem in education. People rely too much on test scores and grades. IMHO the most talented people always do it their own way and have an aura of success that follows them in whatever they do. Sure, prestigious degrees will get you in, but what would it matter if someone else is just better than you and pushes you out, and get this they went to a TTTT. I don't want to elicit generalizations but I have known more than one lawyer that holds a prestigious degree (probably shouldn't name drop but two of them went to a T5 school in Chicago) and are unemployed and consistently being passed over for employment in favor of graduates of MUCH lesser institutions. Well that's my 2 cents. Feel free to lash out at my heretical statements.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Hey-O

Silver

Post by Hey-O » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:34 pm

No true, it is fairly easy to choose an incorrect answer, because there are four of them and only one right answer. Randomly guessing would probably not get a 120 but intentionally bombing the test could.

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:49 pm

LG (-0 to -1) - I was rushed in the final game, but I know I got the two questions I was worried about right. The other questions were a blur.
LR (-0 to -2 per section) - Complete blur, I'll have to wait and see. These are the sections I'm most worried about because I can't remember them at all.
RC (-0 to -2) - I thought this was a fairly easy RC, all things considered.

So I'm hoping for -0 LG and -0 RC. If I pull that off I feel confident.

I'm aiming for a 175+, but I would be relieved with a 171 or higher, as I already have a 171 and anything lower than that would be a complete and utter failure.

kk19131

Silver

Post by kk19131 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:52 pm

notreallyalawyer

New

Post by notreallyalawyer » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:11 pm

notreallyalawyer wrote:not really into predictions. still unsure. felt good but you never know. i had LR-LG-LR-RC-LR. Unfortunately the test taker next to me didn't bring any tissues and was snorting every 15 seconds which needless to say was distracting and it threw me off a bit on the first LR which I had hoped would be experimental, but oh well. I still felt ok about it. I found the games to be fairly standard and within the realm of my expectations, but I can't remember them exactly. I know there was one simple linear game that took me about four minutes and the mulch game was just a pattern. Everyone keeps freaking about about the fourth game which I think was the intern game dealing with different countries (trying to be vague so as to not get banned). I don't necessarily remember the specifics but I think the key was in the distribution. There was definitely some time consuming hypothetical sketching required but I didn't find it outrageously hard, that is not beyond the scope of what I would expect from the test makers. The material in the RC was less dense than I had expected and I felt decent about the questions. There were a couple that I remember being torn on but we'll see. Let me preface the following statements with this: I am not a prospective law student. I'm graduating from Juilliard in the fall and, considering the questionable viability of a career in music, I thought I'd give myself the option of law school. I will probably not attend regardless of my score. That being said, it's kind of ridiculous to see everyone freaking out about the test. (And frankly, as an aside, numbers above 170 pop up WAY too much in these posts). A law degree is a law degree, correct? Sure, prestigious degrees open more doors more quickly, however, are you really condemned to document review for the rest of your life if you go to (god forbid) a school outside of the top 50? Ahh, now the ranting begins. This is a problem in education. People rely too much on test scores and grades. IMHO the most talented people always do it their own way and have an aura of success that follows them in whatever they do. Sure, prestigious degrees will get you in, but what would it matter if someone else is just better than you and pushes you out, and get this they went to a TTTT. I don't want to elicit generalizations but I have known more than one lawyer that holds a prestigious degree (probably shouldn't name drop but two of them went to a T5 school in Chicago) and are unemployed and consistently being passed over for employment in favor of graduates of MUCH lesser institutions. Well that's my 2 cents. Feel free to lash out at my heretical statements.
sorry about the rant ^. don't know where that came from

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Scallywaggums

Bronze

Post by Scallywaggums » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:18 pm

ca$hmoney69 wrote:i would shit my pants in public in exchange for any of you guy's low score predictions.... :(
What if it were filmed on the senate floor and broadcast nationally, resulting in criminal charges, destroying any hopes of law school, let alone a solid law career?
Just sayin'. Chin up, Emo Obama.

jdstl

Bronze

Post by jdstl » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:34 pm

CastleRock wrote:LG (-0 to -1) - I was rushed in the final game, but I know I got the two questions I was worried about right. The other questions were a blur.
LR (-0 to -2 per section) - Complete blur, I'll have to wait and see. These are the sections I'm most worried about because I can't remember them at all.

I'm aiming for a 175+, but I would be relieved with a 171 or higher, as I already have a 171 and anything lower than that would be a complete and utter failure.
I feel you in terms of LR uncertainty. Even on prep tests I could never tell how well/poorly I had done on a given LR section. Not to mention they are, as you say, a complete blur.

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:49 pm

jdstl wrote:
CastleRock wrote:LG (-0 to -1) - I was rushed in the final game, but I know I got the two questions I was worried about right. The other questions were a blur.

I feel you in terms of LR uncertainty. Even on prep tests I could never tell how well/poorly I had done on a given LR section. Not to mention they are, as you say, a complete blur.
I completely misjudged my timing on my first section (LG) and ended up guess on the last three in that section. It could have ended up killing me on the next section which was an LR. And now, thinking back, in the second LR section I skipped one question and I'm not sure if I went back. Although I do remember going back to a question in that section. That first section killed my confidence, thank god it was experimental. The RC was easy though, and I usually have no idea how I feel about RC.

notreallyalawyer

New

Post by notreallyalawyer » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:03 pm

two things: why retake with a 171? that's what about -8/-9? where would you expect to improve? i would guess that your chances of getting a lower score are higher than your chances of a higher score. secondly, the part that reads "anything lower than that would be a complete and utter failure" screams nervous breakdown at age 30. good luck with that.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:08 pm

notreallyalawyer wrote:

two things: why retake with a 171? that's what about -8/-9? where would you expect to improve? i would guess that your chances of getting a lower score are higher than your chances of a higher score. secondly, the part that reads "anything lower than that would be a complete and utter failure" screams nervous breakdown at age 30. good luck with that.
my 171 was a -7. The curve on my test was a -8 for a 170. That's reason number one, with a better curve I will score higher. Secondly, I was consistently scoring 176-180 on my pts before I took. Thirdly, the difference between a 171 and a 172 is substantial. A 172 is basically the "you have a chance" line at the top four schools, anything below that line really has no chance. Finally, if I have a nervous breakdown, I guess I will have to deal with that when the time comes.

Mike19

New

Post by Mike19 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:09 pm

120. Unless I got really lucky on a few guesses. Then maybe a 123.

notreallyalawyer

New

Post by notreallyalawyer » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:28 pm

CastleRock wrote:
notreallyalawyer wrote:

my 171 was a -7. The curve on my test was a -8 for a 170. That's reason number one, with a better curve I will score higher. Secondly, I was consistently scoring 176-180 on my pts before I took. Thirdly, the difference between a 171 and a 172 is substantial. A 172 is basically the "you have a chance" line at the top four schools, anything below that line really has no chance. Finally, if I have a nervous breakdown, I guess I will have to deal with that when the time comes.
fair enough, fairly sound reasoning. what about your softs? anything out of the ordinary that could potentially allow the powers that be to consider your 171?

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:30 pm

notreallyalawyer wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
notreallyalawyer wrote:

fair enough, fairly sound reasoning. what about your softs? anything out of the ordinary that could potentially allow the powers that be to consider your 171?
Nope, nothing excessively amazing. I was raised in a single parent home, first person in my family to go to university (mother doesn't even have grade 12). My mother and myself have been fostering children fro the last 11 years, which has taken up alot of my free time.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

am060459

Silver

Post by am060459 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:31 pm

LG -3 (games was hard and had to guess on 1 or 2 questions)
RC -7 (third passage screwed me up)
LR -13 (i feel like there were a lot of trick answers and i got caught by them)

77 --> 161

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”