was going to just PM ppl, but I feel that it's random Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
glucose101

Bronze

was going to just PM ppl, but I feel that it's random

Post by glucose101 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:30 pm

I just started prepping for the LSAT using pithypike's method; I don't plan on taking the LSAT in Oct.

Would it be inefficient if I condensed all of pithypike's method of one subject into one month, and do one subject a month (and then, eventually, PTs after 3 months)?

Disadvantages? Tips?

merichard87

Silver

Re: was going to just PM ppl, but I feel that it's random

Post by merichard87 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:35 pm

You do what works for you. His method is only a nice outline. If concentrating on subject a month would benefit you more than his specific method, go for it.

mst

Silver

Post by mst » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:38 pm

Don't... You will get exhausted. You will inadvertently spend too much time on sections you are good at and not enough on others. You won't be able to effectively track your overall scores as your work progresses to see what methods are most effective across the table. Additionally, much of what you learn in a section like "Logic Games" is applicable in LR and LR is applicable to RC...

That's just my opinion though. Some people like to go heavy on the bibles one by one, and it works for them. However, if you do decide to go this route, then I suggest you incorporate some practice tests every few weeks (like 2-3 a month at least) to keep yourself in shape and continue to help yourself develop rules that see the big picture of what the tests ask of you: the ability to make inferences, assumptions, identify weaknesses, structure, etc. You might even find that by doing these tests during month 1 or 2 that only a month of PT's or a month of a certain section will be unsatisfactory.

mandaleni23

New

Post by mandaleni23 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:43 pm

I personally got bored if I spent too much time studying for just one LSAT section. It helped me to stay motivated and interested to mix it up a bit.

Furthermore, if you spend your first month on LR, for example, your skills could atrophy and it would be easy to forget little tips and tricks in the two months you weren't working on LR.

I would spend 2 or 3 days in a row focused on one section, then 2 or 3 days on another section, etc. I also spend about an hour or so on the first day of each section "cycle" to quickly review the information that I studied in the last "cycle". (I hope that made sense! :shock: )

It helped me, too, to do a timed practice section every night starting from T-minus two months until I began doing full practice tests.

Hope this is informative!

jjlaw

Bronze

Post by jjlaw » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:19 pm

You definitely would've known by the first question because you would've been crossing out answers based on one rule. I didn't realize until the third question when I had two "right" answers. In hindsight, I should have known from the first question because I was able to cross off three answer choices based on one rule, which as we all know, RARELY if ever happens.

If you were able to find an answer choice for each question and got through the game without any surprises, I'd say you were on the right track.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”