Frustrateddddddd Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
kmarks

New

Frustrateddddddd

Post by kmarks » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:08 am

I'm taking the LSAT end of June and I've been working my ass off studying, but I'm getting really frustrated!! Nearly every practice test, I end up missing around 6 on the first arguments section and 2 on the second. I've been review every wrong answer, yet for whatever reason I keep making this same mistake. I'm only 2-3 points away from my goal score and have nearly mastered RC and LG, so this is driving me insane! :evil:

Any advice?

Fark-o-vision

Silver

Re: Frustrateddddddd

Post by Fark-o-vision » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:10 am

Learn English.

kmarks

New

Post by kmarks » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:11 am

maybe something a bit more helpful

am060459

Silver

Post by am060459 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:22 am

try doing some practice before doing a PT. warm up your mind with some LR questions and a game or two.

doinmybest

Bronze

Post by doinmybest » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:43 am

You sound burnt out. Believe it or not, you may actually need a day or two off of no LSAT. That always helped me when I was frustrated.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

greg11a

New

Post by greg11a » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:45 am

doinmybest wrote:You sound burnt out. Believe it or not, you may actually need a day or two off of no LSAT. That always helped me when I was frustrated.
+1

I found a day or two off and Id come back missing only 1 or 2 on my LR sections after missing 5 or 6.

Hey-O

Silver

Post by Hey-O » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:38 pm

Here are some tips that were a huge help in improving my LR scores. I was about where you were and now my LR is -1 or -2 for both sections.

A big help to me was not to just review the questions I got wrong but to review the entire test.

1.) Do questions 1-15 and then work backwards from 25 (or whatever) to 15. The trickiest questions are in the middle. The end questions are not so hard but are usually time sucks (parallel reasoning and the like).

2.) After I finished with a test I went through each and every question (NOT just the questions i got wrong) and identified the different pieces of the argument. Premise, conclusion, evidence to support conclusion, etc. This was a huge help with method and flaw questions.

3.) I bracket every single conclusion when I'm doing LR. It got so that identifying the conclusion was second nature. Conclusion questions take me the time it takes me to read the stem and see the answer. Probably ten seconds.

4.) After I finished a test I went through all the questions with flawed arguments (which is most of the LR questions) and identified the flaw. Here is a good list of types of logical fallacies. http://web.cn.edu/kwheeler/fallacies_list.html

5.) I went through all the questions (especially the ones I got wrong) and identified not just why the answer was right but why the other answers were wrong. If you can't figure out why the one answer is right then find out why another answer is wrong.

By reviewing the test as a whole and looking for the concepts that the LSAT is testing I was better able to greatly improve my LR.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”