Cancelled (or considered) in the past: How do you feel? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

After considering canceling, what did you do?

Cancelled, have no regrets
20%
Cancelled, regret it
5%
Did not cancel, have no regrets
50%
Did not cancel, regret it
25%

Total votes: 20

bostonld

New

Cancelled (or considered) in the past: How do you feel?

Post by bostonld » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Like many others, I considered canceling in the aftermath of the LG section. Ultimately, my gut instinct is telling me to wait it out and see what happens, as I think the other sections went well. As a result, my preicted score ranges from "disastrous" to "magically still hitting my goal." I think I'd rather face the music and take my bad score than mistakenly cancel a decent score. I may regret this in three weeks of course.

After reading others' thoughts on the matter, I started wondering how others making this decision fared in the past (i.e. those who took the LSAT before June). If you cancelled, are you happy you did? If you did not, how do you feel about your decision? Any horror stories of applicants getting 170+ on their second time around only to have their cycles hurt by lower first score?

alicrimson

Silver

Re: Cancelled (or considered) in the past: How do you feel?

Post by alicrimson » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:21 pm

I too wonder this. I mean, I'm not aiming for crazy t6 schools so I don't think one badish score paired with a good is going to hurt me. Honestly, I'm not sure how I scored. It could be great, could be bad. I think I'm going to wait this out though and see what happens. I may regret this but I hear from a lot of people that they always underestimate the score poststandardized test. Plus, I don't think I could stand prepping for as long as I did and not knowing how I scored. I think the fact that it could have been good would taunt me. Damnit! I want the score already.lol

bostonld

New

Post by bostonld » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:28 pm

alicrimson wrote:I too wonder this. I mean, I'm not aiming for crazy t6 schools so I don't think one badish score paired with a good is going to hurt me. Honestly, I'm not sure how I scored. It could be great, could be bad. I think I'm going to wait this out though and see what happens. I may regret this but I hear from a lot of people that they always underestimate the score poststandardized test. Plus, I don't think I could stand prepping for as long as I did and not knowing how I scored. I think the fact that it could have been good would taunt me. Damnit! I want the score already.lol
I'm with you! My main goal is some $$ at a T25. I'm curious as to how much one "low-ish" score coupled with a strong score/GPA could impact scholarship distribution.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:46 pm

alicrimson wrote:I too wonder this. I mean, I'm not aiming for crazy t6 schools so I don't think one badish score paired with a good is going to hurt me. Honestly, I'm not sure how I scored. It could be great, could be bad. I think I'm going to wait this out though and see what happens. I may regret this but I hear from a lot of people that they always underestimate the score poststandardized test. Plus, I don't think I could stand prepping for as long as I did and not knowing how I scored. I think the fact that it could have been good would taunt me. Damnit! I want the score already.lol
Same, I couldn't cancel just because it would haunt me forever not knowing what score I got, especially after all that prep.

bostonld

New

Post by bostonld » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:20 pm

Now that June '10 is in the books, I wanted to bump my original post to submit my own vote. I am happy to say that it's for "Did not cancel, have no regrets" as I somehow managed to pull off my goal despite my errors on the infamous "intern" game. :D Scored a tick below my practice average but still managed to obtain a number I'm happy with. Thank you -12 curve!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Saltqjibo

Bronze

Post by Saltqjibo » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:01 pm

Thought I bombed it, thought about canceling. Got a 175. Go figure

prerna

New

Post by prerna » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:45 pm

this was my 2nd time taking it...got a 169 in feb nd wanted to break 170...thought i bombed it this time through (like lower than the first time) and seriously considered retaking it...got a 170, which in retrospect might not help thatt much it makes me feel better haha :D

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”