The Ortega Family Vacation Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Where Should the Ortegas Go?

Country 1
48%
Country 2
53%

Total votes: 40

kk19131

Silver

Re: The Ortega Family Vacation

Post by kk19131 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:02 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
kk19131 wrote: Again, does LSAC have some subpoena power I'm not aware of?
The word "again" seems to imply that you are restating a point made earlier. However, your earlier point was about how LSAC can't tell you what to do. Your new point seems to be that you'll just never get caught. These points, while different, are equally stupid. If you're doing something that you only feel comfortable doing because you're sure nobody will ever find out you did it, you're probably doing something wrong, and the risk here definitely outweights the benefits (the only benefit seeming to be the meaningless vindication of your choice, despite the fact that your clear lack of an ability to make a coherent argument will make that writing sample an embarassment for you).
I most certainly did make the point earlier: my post disappeared.

And, I need not validation from you nor anyone else in these fora about my ability to write or argue. I've done well for myself my entire life, and the fact that you made no legitimate argument against what I said shows you probably have none.

Enjoy your day/night. :D

kk19131

Silver

Post by kk19131 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:03 pm

romothesavior wrote:
kk19131 wrote:
bk187 wrote:
kk19131 wrote:Seems pretty convoluted to me.

I can't imagine how or why discussing aspects of questions is a "violation of copyright law", but so be it.

:mrgreen:
Do you not recall your proctor stating that test takers are specifically prohibited from discussing the contents of the test until it is released by LSAC?
Yes I am aware of that, but I'd like to see them sue me. Besides, the proctors work for the LSAC, and just because they tell me not to do something doesn't mean it's illegal if I do.

Again, since it's a forum rule I'll abide by it.
Talking about test questions is a bad idea. Although you'll likely never get caught, it is possible.

It does seem like the mods are cracking down extra hard this year though.

I'm not bothered by not being able to talk about the test... all this fear of some direct LSAC retaliation on individuals seems unwarranted though. I can, however, understand why TLS as a website is concerned.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:11 pm

romothesavior wrote:Talking about test questions is a bad idea. Although you'll likely never get caught, it is possible.

I haven't paid attention to the LSAT forum for previous tests so I can't compare, but it is laxer this time than I expected. Case in point, how long this thread has remained open.

simpson89

New

Post by simpson89 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:15 pm

The Ortegas visited country one. Being a political science major, political unrest = more trouble that it's worth. No use getting shot to see an avoid certain weather conditions, besides say they saved money and decided to go on another trip...

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:17 pm

bk187 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Talking about test questions is a bad idea. Although you'll likely never get caught, it is possible.

I haven't paid attention to the LSAT forum for previous tests so I can't compare, but it is laxer this time than I expected. Case in point, how long this thread has remained open.
The mods are omnipotent, and almost omniscient, but they are not omnipresent. And they certainly are not omnibenevolent. :D

And yeah, I think other LSAT and law school forums have gotten in big trouble and even shut down for allowing users to post LSAT content. So obviously TLS is concerned.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Xana

New

Post by Xana » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:18 pm

one all the way, two is too dangerous, they r limited to bus...never been there, which could be pro or con...also 25% is not 0% clouds...too expensive..too much to handle for big family of ortegas! :cry:

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:21 pm

romothesavior wrote: The mods are omnipotent, and almost omniscient, but they are not omnipresent. And they certainly are not omnibenevolent. :D

And yeah, I think other LSAT and law school forums have gotten in big trouble and even shut down for allowing users to post LSAT content. So obviously TLS is concerned.
Haha, neither do I. But I would think that they would pay check the LSAT forum right after the test itself something along the lines of every so often enough that most of it gets shut down quickly.

They probably just check less often than I thought they would during the post-LSAT period.

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:22 pm

The only thing to consider is that Ortegas seem to be from one of those countries where civil unrest is quite common and therefor going to country 2 might make them feel more like at home. This is why everyone who chose country 2 is a rasict.

simpson89

New

Post by simpson89 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:28 pm

Ragged wrote:The only thing to consider is that Ortegas seem to be from one of those countries where civil unrest is quite common and therefor going to country 2 might make them feel more like at home. This is why everyone who chose country 2 is a rasict.
LMAO :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”