Cancellation/application advice por favor Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
mehs

New

Cancellation/application advice por favor

Post by mehs » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:50 pm

So here's my situation: I took the June 2010 LSAT yesterday, and am not feeling good about it. I thought LG was okay; I got the intern one fine but for some stupid reason missed something about the craft game and didn't finish it. Ran out of time on the RC and last LR and had to guess on too many questions.

I'm pretty sure I will cancel this score -- I wrote in December 2009 (while sick) and got a 164, and I'm not confident that my score on the June test will be much (if at all) better. I'm really shooting for a 170, so I think I'll just retake one more time this October.

The frustrating thing is that other than my LSAT score, I have a really good application -- 3.9 GPA from an Ivy, a senior thesis that's relevant and discussed in my personal statement, good recommendations and softs. I'm looking at mostly T14 (also GWU) and really need the better LSAT to even be considered/pull for financial aid or the full ride program at GWU.

Any advice on what I should do to score better in October? Or if it will look really bad to have 164, cancel, high 160s/low 170s (hopefully)? On PTs I generally hit that high 160-low 170 range, which makes it even more frustrating that I can't seem to get a good LSAT score on my record. Thanks guys!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”