Interns Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
MiamiUG

New

Interns

Post by MiamiUG » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:48 pm

Did "field" refer to the location or type of work?

angiej

Silver

Re: Interns

Post by angiej » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:51 pm

MiamiUG wrote:Did "field" refer to the location or type of work?
I thought field as in type of work. There were two "fields."

akikaze

New

Post by akikaze » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:52 pm

The term referred to profession, not to the location; I believe that was "story".

Pahnda

New

Post by Pahnda » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:52 pm

There is an ongoing thread about this question:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=119861

The right way was to think of it is 'type'.

MiamiUG

New

Post by MiamiUG » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:53 pm

OK thanks, that's what I thought. I started freaking out today at the possibility that I misinterpreted the rules and bombed that game.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Pahnda

New

Post by Pahnda » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:56 pm

Yeah, that would be pretty hard to take... I was freaking when I realized I started bubbling in Q2 to start, instead of Q1 on the answer sheet... but wasn't too caught up since I was only on Q4 or Q5 at that time... And as it turns out it was in the experimental logic game section in any case with all my nonstop flights and whatnot.
Last edited by Pahnda on Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

akikaze

New

Post by akikaze » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:56 pm

People keep talking about some sort of "master inference" that one had to make to solve the question, but I didn't see any...

I just made hypotheticals for all local questions and then somehow managed to figure it out...

Pahnda

New

Post by Pahnda » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:57 pm

akikaze wrote:People keep talking about some sort of "master inference" that one had to make to solve the question, but I didn't see any...

I just made hypotheticals for all local questions and then somehow managed to figure it out...
Without saying too much it pretty much had to do (at least the way I saw it) with the fact one 'story' was restricted in one way, then two exclusion/inclusion rules force you to do another restriction on the aforementioned 'story'.

Probably pretty hard to understand what I mean when it's so vague though...

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:01 pm

Pahnda wrote:
akikaze wrote:People keep talking about some sort of "master inference" that one had to make to solve the question, but I didn't see any...

Without saying too much it pretty much had to do (at least the way I saw it) with the fact one 'story' was restricted in one way, then two exclusion/inclusion rules force you to do another restriction on the aforementioned 'story'.

I think it was one of those things where the rules didn't specifically state that a variable had to go in a specific slot but it could be deduced that one variable had to go in one slot, and if you figured this out, everything fell into place . . .right?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

idoubtit

New

Post by idoubtit » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:02 pm

I dont believe that there's any huge inference that u can make to fill in any of the blanks.
the restrictions have to be applied to each answer of each question, and that's why it's so time-consuming.

akikaze

New

Post by akikaze » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:10 pm

Pahnda wrote:

Was the second restriction onto that specific "story" a dual-option? 'Cuz that isn't a huge inference, imo...

Also, the two variables that were in the same (term) could have been of either (term) depending on the situation, right?

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:22 pm

idoubtit wrote:I dont believe that there's any huge inference that u can make to fill in any of the blanks.
the restrictions have to be applied to each answer of each question, and that's why it's so time-consuming.
You might believe that, but you would be wrong.

I'll take a stab at describing the inference in admissible terms as well: it relied on the realization that combining 3 of the rules mostly determined the outcome of the game.

idoubtit

New

Post by idoubtit » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:24 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:
idoubtit wrote:I dont believe that there's any huge inference that u can make to fill in any of the blanks.

I'll take a stab at describing the inference in admissible terms as well: it relied on the realization that combining 3 of the rules mostly determined the outcome of the game.

I guess u are right. My problem is always that I cannot make enough inferences out of the conditions.
I thought it would be too time-consuming but yea, it can save your time actually.

idoubtit

New

Post by idoubtit » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:24 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:

I guess u are right. My problem is always that I cannot make enough inferences out of the conditions.
I thought it would be too time-consuming but yea, it can save your time actually.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”