Let's make unwarranted assumptions about our scores today! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
MikeDicta

New

Let's make unwarranted assumptions about our scores today!

Post by MikeDicta » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:48 am

I'm a super-optimist, but it isn't so super, nor unreasonably optimistic, to think that I got 166 based on a few factors which I needn't go in to--for these purposes.

Let's be optimistic, no?

C'mon.

Based on your preparatory scores, and based on how you felt today, share your thoughts.

I really hope you felt well and that you did as well as you're capable of doing.

(Editorial note: I'm hammered; excuse the previous typo)
Last edited by MikeDicta on Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hey-O

Silver

Re: Let's make unwarranted assumptions about our scores today!

Post by Hey-O » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:58 am

After the test I was miserable and almost in tears. I panicked during LG, didn't have time to check my answers during one LR, and had weird answers (too many three in a rows) on the last LR.

I thought I was screwed and was considering canceling for a second time.

After coming to this forum, I realize that I still did bad during LG but not as bad as I had thought. The LR I didn't check was the experimental, and a whole bunch of people had too many three in a rows. So I feel much more confident about this test now.

I just hope that this test is about where I was testing in my PTs. Even two or three points below and not five or six like it was the first time I took this test.

theavrock

Silver

Post by theavrock » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:02 am

Felt like just another PT to me so I am going to say 166 as that is my PT average.

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:03 am

Hey-o, if it makes you feel any better, lots of TLS'ers and other folks are reporting highly irregular answer patterns.

YMMV...

upalittletoolate

New

Post by upalittletoolate » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:04 am

I'm hoping 168, but yeah.....

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MikeDicta

New

Post by MikeDicta » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:05 am

Hope you did well, Hey-O. Did nerves affect you?

LSATNightmares

Silver

Post by LSATNightmares » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 am

On my PT's I was scoring in the 170's, but I'm predicting a dismal 162 on the real deal. Stupid LG...

Jessss22

New

Post by Jessss22 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:46 am

This June 2010 was my first actual exam, and after spending much time taking PTs, and examining and critiquing the most recent test, I found that this test, especially the logic games was much more difficult than i am used to seeing or expecting. I normally expect and equal distribution of difficulty amongst the games, but that definitely was not the case today. Games are usually my strong point, averaging out to only 3 wrong at most. Something just did not seem usual about this exam. I found it to be much more difficult. October here i come..

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:46 am

On a December 2009 - 177 (PT) (plus I did all sections in 33 minutes instead of 35)... thought it was so easy, could not believe the great curve. So I had really good feeling about it coming in. I think I did pretty well on all sections but one.. I finished both LRs with time to spare so had some time to check my answers. RC was not too bad, finished it on time as well.

Got killed by interns in games so I expect I missed 6 or more on LG alone. Assumming I missed 3 or so other questions and a moderate curve I gotto think 170-172. Maybe alittle less, but hope not less than 170 since its my first score. I was shooting for 175+... October here I come for my last flyby... as the circle comes around.
Last edited by Ragged on Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Saltqjibo

Bronze

Post by Saltqjibo » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:49 am

I felt like I spent this whole test just scrambling to stay on top of my timing. Was not expecting this given how hard I had studied.

tartugas

New

Post by tartugas » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:49 am

Well I know that I got a perfect score on the writing sample, so I'm pretty stoked about that.

In all honesty, I'd be stunned if I hit my best of all worlds target, but I'd also be shocked if I fell well out of my normal zone.

(Though I am actually encouraged by some of the reactions here, maybe this was a slightly tougher test (as I had been hoping it might be) and the curve might be 11 or 12. That said, the thing that really blew me away was when I noticed out of the corner of my eye that the person sitting next to me EEEEEE'd her way through the last 5=10 Q's on at least 2 sections. Suddenly I wasn't so freaked out over my performance. There are a lot of people who probably struggled far more with this test than I ever realized.)

James Bond

Gold

Post by James Bond » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:51 am

Was aiming for 168-173

Probably got 158-163

Fuck you brutal logic game section

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:52 am

well, I did a 180 on september 2009, and a 178 on the december 2009 preptests. I'm predicting a 174 on this, which will suck for me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Jessss22

New

Post by Jessss22 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:57 am

i guess some one is really getting into the mind set of law school.. I am still sticking with that this test definitely came off a bit tougher than i am used to seeing on the previous recent exams.

hellojd

Bronze

Post by hellojd » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:58 am

James Bond wrote: Fuck you brutal logic game section
Amen :evil:

beidoun

Bronze

Post by beidoun » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:58 am

Initially I was thinking that I got a 170+. But now I am dropping my expected score to 168...which will mean a retake in October.

Jchouu

New

Post by Jchouu » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:02 am

So a lot of people literally had no answers on the left side (A&B) of the last LR section? I had like 2 A's and 2 B's at most (in the beginning and end too), so the A and B column was a big white empty space.

I also had like 4 ansewrs in a row at some point on that section. I finished each page with a good amount of confidence, but it dropped each time i transferred the answers to the sheet

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Hey-o, if it makes you feel any better, lots of TLS'ers and other folks are reporting highly irregular answer patterns.

YMMV...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Angelica Pickles

New

Post by Angelica Pickles » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:14 am

LSATNightmares wrote:On my PT's I was scoring in the 170's, but I'm predicting a dismal 162 on the real deal. Stupid LG...
It seems like LG screwed a lot of people on this one.

TCScrutinizer

Bronze

Post by TCScrutinizer » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:36 am

Hey-O wrote:After the test I was miserable and almost in tears. I panicked during LG, didn't have time to check my answers during one LR, and had weird answers (too many three in a rows) on the last LR.

I thought I was screwed and was considering canceling for a second time.

After coming to this forum, I realize that I still did bad during LG but not as bad as I had thought. The LR I didn't check was the experimental, and a whole bunch of people had too many three in a rows. So I feel much more confident about this test now.

I just hope that this test is about where I was testing in my PTs. Even two or three points below and not five or six like it was the first time I took this test.
If I were one of the evil geniuses putting together the LSAT, I would so put like five questions in a row the same answer just to freak out people like this. I think it's a complete fail at logical reasoning to get psyched out by too many A's in a row.

splitterhopeful

New

Post by splitterhopeful » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:19 am

Jchouu wrote:So a lot of people literally had no answers on the left side (A&B) of the last LR section? I had like 2 A's and 2 B's at most (in the beginning and end too), so the A and B column was a big white empty space.

I also had like 4 ansewrs in a row at some point on that section. I finished each page with a good amount of confidence, but it dropped each time i transferred the answers to the sheet
Me too and it freaked me out a bit, but I didn't change any answers. I really wish I would have taken the December 2009 exam in actuality, because I took that PT last Saturday and rocked it into the 170s. This one, I would faint if I found out I got a 170+.

Entchen

Silver

Post by Entchen » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:34 am

I've recently been PTing around 176-180, but I usually get -0, occasionally -1 for a stupid mistake LG sections, normally they are my favorite, but I'm with those who thought yesterday's LG section was brutal. Not so much the mulch q, I was fine with that, but the damn travel writing interns, man. Killed me. I'm expecting a 172, 173. If that.

Screw you, travel writing interns.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

balzern

Bronze

Post by balzern » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:42 am

I was hoping for a 160 + but the last game effed me and the last RC passage I didn't have time for so I am guessing 155-160 with a prayer for a 159 :lol:

bballfreak56

New

Post by bballfreak56 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:04 am

Did anyone else completely bomb the RC passage on the play writer?

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:05 am

I thought the Chicano acting troupe was pretty straightforward. I don't know what the fuck the legal one was about, however.

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:38 am

shock259 wrote:I thought the Chicano acting troupe was pretty straightforward. I don't know what the fuck the legal one was about, however.
Fucking meddling Australians

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”