HELP! Admission ticket wrong Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
justinmcl

New

HELP! Admission ticket wrong

Post by justinmcl » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:35 am

So I followed LSAC's instructions and did not print my admission ticket until tonight, only to realize that they have used my last name in both the last name and first name boxes on my admission ticket. The SIN on it is correct, but the name is incorrect on the website too. Do I have a chance at all of being admitted? If I do what are the right things to say? Please help

Genki

Bronze

Re: HELP! Admission ticket wrong

Post by Genki » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:43 am

Good luck, but I doubt they will let you take the test.
LSAC is quite strict about the name matching your government issued ID.
There was a girl at my school that got married and used her new last name to register for the test. She brought in her drivers license with her maiden name on it along with the marriage certificate that showed that her name had changed. The people at the test site called up LSAC to ask if she should be admitted and LSAC turned her down and wouldn't let her take the test.

I know this situation is different from yours, but it shows how anal LSAC is with their policies. I hope the person at your testing site is lenient and just lets you in, because if they call LSAC, the answer is likely NO.

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:15 am

Genki wrote:I hope the person at your testing site is lenient and just lets you in, because if they call LSAC, the answer is likely NO.
+1. Unless you get an incompetent proctor, you're hosed.

themom

New

Post by themom » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:33 am

My son did the same thing. I called at 8:30 a.m., they told him he would not be admitted. I called again just now (about 9:30) to see if we'd get a refund, and they said they had a rule change and that if you get a fax into them by 11:00 a.m., they will make the change. Give them a call and send them a fax, you may just get in! Good luck!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:36 am

Genki wrote:Good luck, but I doubt they will let you take the test.
LSAC is quite strict about the name matching your government issued ID.
There was a girl at my school that got married and used her new last name to register for the test. She brought in her drivers license with her maiden name on it along with the marriage certificate that showed that her name had changed. The people at the test site called up LSAC to ask if she should be admitted and LSAC turned her down and wouldn't let her take the test.

I know this situation is different from yours, but it shows how anal LSAC is with their policies. I hope the person at your testing site is lenient and just lets you in, because if they call LSAC, the answer is likely NO.
That is beyond ridiculous.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

justinmcl

New

Post by justinmcl » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:36 am

So here is what i learned, only works if your writing the June Lsat. Call them right at 8:30, and make sure you can get to a fax machine! I managed to get my admission ticket fixed this morning. Now I can switch from worry about whether or not I get to write the Lsat, to worrying about writing the LSAT, and the construction outside my test centre I just discovered....

justinmcl

New

Post by justinmcl » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:40 am

Glad to see this has worked for other people. It is so silly, I was so crazy about reading all the rules and regulations, and followed their advice to not print my ticket until the night before. It would be helpful for this advice to change, or include advice to download it anyways and double check the name. In retrospect it would seem the natural thing to do, but at the time I never even thought that I could mess up my own name

shoop

Bronze

Post by shoop » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:09 pm

themom wrote:My son did the same thing. I called at 8:30 a.m., they told him he would not be admitted. I called again just now (about 9:30) to see if we'd get a refund, and they said they had a rule change and that if you get a fax into them by 11:00 a.m., they will make the change. Give them a call and send them a fax, you may just get in! Good luck!
Are you writing his PS and negotiating schollies for him, too?

thwalls

Bronze

Post by thwalls » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:18 pm

themom wrote:My son did the same thing. I called at 8:30 a.m., they told him he would not be admitted. I called again just now (about 9:30) to see if we'd get a refund, and they said they had a rule change and that if you get a fax into them by 11:00 a.m., they will make the change. Give them a call and send them a fax, you may just get in! Good luck!
Wow. How old was he when he took the test twelve, thirteen?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”