Name not exactly the same on ticket Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
themom

New

Name not exactly the same on ticket

Post by themom » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:49 pm

Really, does the name on the ticket have to be EXACTLY the same as ID. Registered as (first name) Chris, ID says Christopher. Just realized when I went to print my ticket for test tomorrow. Any chance they'll let me in?

Saltqjibo

Bronze

Re: Name not exactly the same on ticket

Post by Saltqjibo » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:59 pm

Apparently you might be able to change this on the lsac website. I'd look into it

zworykin

Bronze

Post by zworykin » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:59 pm

I would be calling LSAC first thing in the morning. On the phone. No email.

From their website:
IMPORTANT: Any changes to name, date of birth and/or Social Security/Social Insurance number must be submitted to LSAC in writing and require a signature. Fax your correction(s) to 215.968.1119 or mail to LSAC, 662 Penn Street, Box 2000-C, Newtown, PA 18940. All other biographical information can be changed online. If you have registered for an LSAT, check your file status and print another admission ticket once the corrections have been made.
So, hope you have access to a fax machine. And they can process the change quickly. Unless they have some other solution for you, anyway...

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:01 pm

Saltqjibo wrote:Apparently you might be able to change this on the lsac website. I'd look into it
LSAC wrote:IMPORTANT: Any changes to name, date of birth and/or Social Security/Social Insurance number must be submitted to LSAC in writing and require a signature. Fax your correction(s) to 215.968.1119 or mail to LSAC, 662 Penn Street, Box 2000-C, Newtown, PA 18940. All other biographical information can be changed online. If you have registered for an LSAT, check your file status and print another admission ticket once the corrections have been made.

dominkay

Bronze

Post by dominkay » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:03 pm

I don't know whether they'd let you in, but I would guess not. I mean, they fingerprint people.

On the name change form, they say it takes 3-5 days. Mine took 3. You're probably out of luck.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

themom

New

Post by themom » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:04 pm

Thanks everyone. I did see on the ticket that it says change requests must be made by the Friday before the test. Guess I didn't print it (or check it) early enough. I may still give them a call in the a.m. and maybe I'll get some kind soul to help me out!

phx

New

Post by phx » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:06 pm

themom wrote:Thanks everyone. I did see on the ticket that it says change requests must be made by the Friday before the test. Guess I didn't print it (or check it) early enough. I may still give them a call in the a.m. and maybe I'll get some kind soul to help me out!
If they can't help you out I would still show up at the test site to give it a try (unless that requires driving for hours). You might have a lenient proctor, you never know. Or you might be able to get someone to give you a break.

AVBucks4239

Silver

Post by AVBucks4239 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:59 pm

You absolutely need to get this changed.

I took the LSAT in February at Ohio State. The person in front of me in line had "Alex" on his ticket, while his ID said "Alexander." They did not let him take the test, and he stormed out of the room like a bat out of hell. I don't blame him, but rules are rules.

You really need to call somebody to get this fixed.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”