Last PT and feelings/concerns Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
maxm2764

Silver

Last PT and feelings/concerns

Post by maxm2764 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:18 pm

So I just took PT 57 for my last PT before the big day on Monday. So I figured I'd start a post where everyone can weigh in on their last PT and how they're feeling before the real deal. I guess I'll start it off...

PT 57(damn dinos killed my score): 161.

I'm feeling pretty good about that score considering the dinos game destroyed my LG score. I've been going anywhere between -1 and -3 on LG for the last 5 or so PT's so I'm hoping that will hold true on game day.

161 is on the low end of what I realistically want my score to be but I'm okay with it considering the circumstances. Definitely glad that my last PT is behind me and I am now looking forward to the real deal on Monday.

alicrimson

Silver

Re: Last PT and feelings/concerns

Post by alicrimson » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:48 pm

Hmm...I was going to do PT59 tomorrow;however, I did 58 yesterday and did respectably [164] and would take that on test day. I've been reviewing and doing the writing thing for it, which takes tons of time. I'm debating finishing have of the writing review today, half tomorrow, scrapping PT 59, and just doing some untimed LR questions Sunday so I can stay warm but keep myself calm.

Remnantofisrael

Bronze

Post by Remnantofisrael » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:56 pm

Totally chill. I took PT 57 yesterday, almost shat myself. i missed 6 LG ?s got a 171 overall. My worst in weeks. I freaked a bit, did a bunch of LG last night and was struggling like never before. So this morning I stopped timing myself, did a few exercises on easier LGs.

Took 58- got a 180. Still struggled more than I would like on the LG section, and I doubt I'll miss so few RC and LR Monday, but it fixed my fears. The truth is 57 LG was abnormally hard, but MOST people who score in the top 5% are very strong in their LG and usually weaker in either RC or LR but not both. Top 20 missed questions over the last few years, according to a class yesterday, 1 was LG, the majority were LR.

Its unlikely that you get such a tough LG section on Monday, and if you do, you are statistically justified in expecting a better score in October.

Moral of the story? Don't freak. 57 is a bitch of a test.

One more comment on it- my brother had 57 as his first LSAT and got a 162. Took again in October (58) and got a 171.

Remnantofisrael

Bronze

Post by Remnantofisrael » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:58 pm

And for the love of all that is holy, don't do the writing section when you practice. If you ARE going to do it, only do it one time ever. Its such a waste of time to practice unless somehow you never went to a normal HS or University that requires writing. Take those 30 minutes to really review your misses as close to the mental stage you made those mistakes.

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:04 pm

Review Dinho. It is really not that hard. Focus on the color Mauve, and the Ultrasour and Lambasour and Velocoraptor...all of which I cannot spell.

It really is a more simple game than you think and thats why it messes everyone up. It is hard to diagram and it doesnt need to be completely diagramed just got to keep the mauve....and ever thing else in mind.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:26 pm

was planning on doing 57 tonight as my last....now i'm a little worried. oh well, good to get a really tough one done just in case i guess.

pjo

Silver

Post by pjo » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:39 pm

I thought PT 59 was really tough. Anywho, I did PT 58 today, at 12:00 in the building where I'm taking the real thing on monday. I got killed on RC and got a 162 but still, I promised myself I wouldn't take another PT if I got higher than 161. I felt pretty good when taking, no fatigue or anything I just started out VERY slow. I'm just going to do some LR or RC sections tomorrow and one on sunday. Overall, feeling pretty good. Also, it seems that PT 58 and 59 had unusually generous curves (at least for the mid to low 160's) anyone think PT 60 will be on a similiar curve?

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:53 pm

pjo wrote:I thought PT 59 was really tough. Anywho, I did PT 58 today, at 12:00 in the building where I'm taking the real thing on monday. I got killed on RC and got a 162 but still, I promised myself I wouldn't take another PT if I got higher than 161. I felt pretty good when taking, no fatigue or anything I just started out VERY slow. I'm just going to do some LR or RC sections tomorrow and one on sunday. Overall, feeling pretty good. Also, it seems that PT 58 and 59 had unusually generous curves (at least for the mid to low 160's) anyone think PT 60 will be on a similiar curve?

Hmmm...I don't know. I hope so though. :D Anything will be better than 55 though. That was terrible. x.X I just really wish that I could see the scale from February, it would make things so much better. Anyways, we are in the lucky boat. Most of us are taking this test for the first time, we've been prepping for months, and if something does go wrong, which I'm going to say its not for the sake of confidence, we can retake in October with plenty of time to get those apps in well early into the cycle. The way I see it, this is a win. Imagine if you were a first timer in October. If something went wrong, you'd be dicked into taking December and being super late in the cycle. Go us!

sluguy14

Bronze

Post by sluguy14 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:59 pm

Just took PT 59... 166. Yikes. I've been consistently hitting around 170 and this is the lowest score I've had in months. Not a great feeling going into the real thing, but I'll review my mistakes and hopefully avoid them when it counts.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

AVBucks4239

Silver

Post by AVBucks4239 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:10 pm

I just took what I thought was going to be my last practice test and got a 158. However, I got -8 on LG. I don't remember the specific game, but it was a grouping/matching game and it killed my timing on the entire section.

So, should I really hammer at grouping games Saturday and take another practice test Sunday? Or should I just relax and let my mind rest before the big day?

Thanks,
AVB

maxm2764

Silver

Post by maxm2764 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:45 pm

Yeah 57 definitely was a beast which is why I'm okay with my score on it. I'd kill for a 163 on Monday and I don't think that it's an unreasonable aspiration, I just need to make sure that I do exactly what I always do on PT's. How's everyone feeling with only a couple day left worried, ready, scared, all of the above?

maxm2764

Silver

Post by maxm2764 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:28 pm

And PT 59 was definitely a beast too, if I remember right the RC is miserable on that one.

RTFM

Bronze

Post by RTFM » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:32 pm

sluguy14 wrote:Just took PT 59... 166. Yikes. I've been consistently hitting around 170 and this is the lowest score I've had in months.
Same thing just happened to me.
sluguy14 wrote: Not a great feeling going into the real thing, but I'll review my mistakes and hopefully avoid them when it counts.
I like your attitude!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jpSartre

Bronze

Post by jpSartre » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:03 pm

I just took 59 and got a 170. It's not high or low for me, but -14 never feels good, especially considering the "test day drop" possibility. I second the review mistakes and not make them Monday suggestion. It's all I have left to do besides relaxing and staying positive.

schand

New

Post by schand » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:05 pm

AH. That's how I feel. I'm studying for this the second time around and have been scoring pretty well on my practice PTs. BUT I took them before when I studied the first time around, so I remembered a lot. I have no idea how well this is going to go. I hate this feeling of uncertainty!

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:17 pm

I did well on 57, but 58 took me to town. I'm going to do 59 either tonight or tomorrow morning. Then it's review and relax time.

gdh

New

Post by gdh » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:32 pm

This is slightly off topic, but I wondered if anyone has been having similar issues.

I began studying in February, have done all of the games, and a variety of full PT's including all from 7-13 and 40+ (not in order).
My scores had been consistently in the 165 range, with a 3 170's.
I spent some time to isolate my RC performance and when doing isolated sections would miss about 4 questions.
Since that point over the last three weeks, especially over the last two my scores have plummeted. Two weeks ago I was hitting 161/2 and now I'm hitting 158/9's consistently and missing 10-12 RC questions. LG has been a consistent strength where I miss on average 2 questions per section. My LR scores are all across the board from -2 to -10 in a section. But are consistently around -7/8. LR used to be a strength of mine.

Going into Monday's test the only thing I'm confident in is my LG ability. This overall score decline is very worrisome and I don't know how to react to it. Could it be stress related and I should take time off, or should I try to really isolate a particular section? Anyone been in a similar spot?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

wjun15

Bronze

Post by wjun15 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:24 pm

wow what the eff. PT 59 killed me ... i scored 6 pts under my average...those RC were brutal and i did bad on LR for some reason.

Chimica

New

Post by Chimica » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:54 pm

So I also did 59 today.

LG (-9)
LR (-1)
LR (-4)
RC (-4)

bonus LR (questions 134-158 of difficult questions) (-3)

I scored a 166 (am aiming for 170). I was very disapointed in my LG. I had jut managed to get that up to a (-0) and had been hitting (-3 to 0) pretty well over the last handful of practise sets. Obviously if my LG didn't suck I would have ht my goal. Also if pigs had wings, bacon would be more expensive.

On the other hand, I really enjoy studying the LG. It's my favorite part to study and I really have improved, so I think that I can work on this for the last two days I can nail it. I would rather study LG than try to improve LR or (god forbid) RC. Also, I think the LG does help the LR just by drilling if, then statements into our head.

So I'm currently loading up my shopping cart with all the later LG that I haven't done (yeah Cambrdge LSAT) and I'll save those 57 dinos for a special treat. So despite the crushing defeat in LG today, I think I can improve it and I'm actually looking foward to immersing myself in LG over the weekend.

Drill, baby, drill.

FuManChusco

Silver

Post by FuManChusco » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:34 pm

I took PT 59 and 57 today. Going to do 58 tomorrow the day before the the test. I know, call me crazy, but I planned on doing these earlier and I never got around to it because of summer class mid-terms. I really want to see as many questions from recent PTs as possible so I'm biting the bullet and doing them. PT 59, I got a -7 for a 176. PT 57 I got a -10 for a 171. Felt great about 59, but I think I was losing focus during 57 as it was my second PT of the day. Can't complain with a 171 in that situation. I think RC finally came together for me so with some serious LR focus on Monday, I see myself getting a 175. Confidence is key. Good luck everyone.

mst

Silver

Post by mst » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:17 am

So this is my first post but I had to comment because of the simularities. I decided to take 57 as my last practice test tonight and did comparatively well on reading (-2 as opposed to -4/5 avg) but relatively poor on LG (-5 as opposed to -1/2... which was actually weird because you would think that harder dino one would have been manageable considering how easy the first one was?).

I'm glad to see that 57 was one of the more uncharacteristically hard LG's, as it seemed like they threw two tough hybrids in there along with a relatively tough matching that was very sparse on conditions. This definitely calms my fears a bit.

Additionally I found the first LR section a bit complicated, but at this point I think my minds just blanking out from over-testing, so I'm probably a bad source on that.

When it comes down to it, the best thing I can imagine doing tomorrow is probably clearing my mind of everything so that I approach the questions with the vigor and attention necessary on Monday. More and more often, just as I've been using trends to identify answers ahead of time, I've been using trends to ignore reading questions fully. I think my mental state probably has been having a huge impact on my score fluctuations recently (1 test a day all week with sometimes 8 point differentials day to day!), so hopefully a day of TV, food, and running will be enough to calm me down and take this test in the best possible condition.

One thing I know for sure is that I won't let a bad performance on 57 make me drastically change my final plans after hundreds and hundreds of hours of prep work, and I would suggest the same for you. Good luck!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

PLATONiC

Bronze

Post by PLATONiC » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:19 am

what were you scoring before?

Sentry

Silver

Post by Sentry » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:15 pm

Last edited by Sentry on Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Osos

New

Post by Osos » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:09 pm

Took 57 and 59 as my last PTs. Did terribly on 57 due to misreading a rule, got a 173. 59 was better, got a 176 but wasn't happy with some of my reading comp answers. I thought the dino game was actually just fine, it was the last game of 59 that really got to me with the six meetings in different cities. I did okay, but I had over 9 minutes left to do that game and still didn't finish.

I didn't finish 58 but decided I should relax instead of doing it. Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”