Is this a common problem to have with RC? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jaytaw

New

Is this a common problem to have with RC?

Post by jaytaw » Mon May 31, 2010 3:38 am

I don't have problems with any specific question type, I just have a huge problem with the entire reading passages that deal with art. I'm an engineering undergrad right now, I've always been very math and science oriented. Every time I try to read these RC sections about art history, dance, or whatever, about halfway through it, my brain just starts screaming I.....DO.....NOT......GIVE.....A......FUCK. It is a huge distraction, and it causes me to lose track of subtle points of the passage. The passage seems to jump around making random points from random art historians that are all equally worthless bullshit in my mind, and I can't keep straight which person has which bullshit opinion, or what opinion some other art historian would agree with based on his quotes in the passage, etc.

Does anybody else have this problem? And how do you suggest working through it?

cascade

New

Re: Is this a common problem to have with RC?

Post by cascade » Mon May 31, 2010 3:44 am

I had the same problem with natural sciences section. Could care less about so and so molecules or how corn grows. Just gather up as many of the sections as possible and do sections of 4 types of passages you don't like, and after a few days of drilling it, it will start to click.

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Mon May 31, 2010 3:56 am

Yea I hate that too. I hate the mexcican/asian/aftican poet/writer/painter/musician types of articles. I guess the best way to deal with it is pretend like you are interested in what Ming Joo Kim meant in his little poems because being bored or uninterested isn't an option in your case.

jaytaw

New

Post by jaytaw » Mon May 31, 2010 4:35 am

Haha, glad I'm not the only one. The ideas they talk about just seem so abstract, vague, and subjective. I get this constant frustrating thought in the back of my mind that says "my law future in law school depends on this crap". Guess I'll just have to drill them until I can tolerate them.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”