what do you do and what do you bring on test day? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
OrcinusOrcas

New

Re: what do you do and what do you bring on test day?

Post by OrcinusOrcas » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:16 am

Bert wrote:
OrcinusOrcas wrote:Also, you can't bring hooded sweatshirts into the room (I had to leave mine with the proctor before going into the exam room), I'm sure some proctors don't care, but I'd bring along a non-hooded sweater just in case the room is cold.
hahaha. Made me think of my test room last year. Some dude wore a hoodie (no t-shirt underneath) and the proctor made him take it off, not understanding that the hoodie was all he was wearing. He took it off, immediately asked her "Really?" and then agreed to cut the hood off his sweater in stead of being kicked out.

Since you do not know how the proctors are going to react to anything you bring in to the room, read and understand LSAC's rules/guidelines before heading in. To be fair to the proctors at Pace, I will say that they used common sense on questionable items.
ROFL. That's a good one. I can't wait until we start seeing more stories like this after the June LSAT is over (and, of course, the inevitable "my proctor caught me doing X, will I be written up / is my life over" threads).

jdhopeful11

Bronze

Post by jdhopeful11 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:38 pm

Bert wrote:
OrcinusOrcas wrote:Also, you can't bring hooded sweatshirts into the room (I had to leave mine with the proctor before going into the exam room), I'm sure some proctors don't care, but I'd bring along a non-hooded sweater just in case the room is cold.
hahaha. Made me think of my test room last year. Some dude wore a hoodie (no t-shirt underneath) and the proctor made him take it off, not understanding that the hoodie was all he was wearing. He took it off, immediately asked her "Really?" and then agreed to cut the hood off his sweater in stead of being kicked out.

Since you do not know how the proctors are going to react to anything you bring in to the room, read and understand LSAC's rules/guidelines before heading in. To be fair to the proctors at Pace, I will say that they used common sense on questionable items.
I thought the policy required hoods to be turned inside out?

Bert

Bronze

Post by Bert » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:48 pm

andyman wrote:I thought the policy required hoods to be turned inside out?
I never heard that -- just took a look at LSAC's website and they don't really mention approved ways to correct unacceptable items (it just says hoods and hats are prohibited in the test room except for religious apparel), but I guess it would have had the same affect and the guy would have kept his hood. I was in a room of morons though, and it seemed like nobody read any of the rules before heading in on test day. To be fair to Pace, the proctors did an absolutely amazing job of ensuring the test environment was fair to everybody and all the rules were followed by all.

robotdreams

New

Post by robotdreams » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:19 pm

I'm guessing jackets with a hood are also a no then? Oo

quishiclocus

New

Post by quishiclocus » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:49 am

Curious: Those of you who have a preferred pencil brand, why that brand? I haven't used wooden pencils in eons, to know what to look for, for the best possible pencil performance! (Or least annoyance. I remember hating them as a child.)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rockstar4488

Bronze

Post by rockstar4488 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:12 am

Dixon Oriole - used about 8 on the test.

shoop

Bronze

Post by shoop » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:56 pm

quishiclocus wrote:Curious: Those of you who have a preferred pencil brand, why that brand? I haven't used wooden pencils in eons, to know what to look for, for the best possible pencil performance! (Or least annoyance. I remember hating them as a child.)
Dixon Tri-Conderogas are the shit, but make sure to buy 15-20 and sharpen them all in an electric sharpener beforehand for the best points. Really hard to get nice points on these in hand sharpeners.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:15 pm

The Dixon Ticonderoga Black is the superior pencil for your LSAT needs. Easy in the hand, great eraser, and it fills in bubbles very easily while also being great for diagramming LGs.

honestabe84

Bronze

Post by honestabe84 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:27 pm

PLATONiC wrote:8 sharpened dixon ticonderoga pencils.
a FiberOne bar.
a Nutrigrain bar.
passport
wallet.
nicotine gum.

hrmmm... something's missing...
Why the gum? You can't chew it during the test. Why not just smoke? Unless, of course, you're quitting smoking.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hairy_p

New

Post by hairy_p » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:30 pm

-2 HB pencil
-Sharpener
-Water Bottle
-Eraser
-Driver license
-Passport (if applicable)
-Zip lock bag
-Analog wrist watch

hellojd

Bronze

Post by hellojd » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:30 pm

So this might sound like a dumb question, but when the start time says arrive NO LATER than 12:30, are you SUPPOSED to arrive at a particular time (12?), and this is just the absolute cutoff, or can we just arrive at any point up until then, which is when they close the doors?

honestabe84

Bronze

Post by honestabe84 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:30 pm

hellojd wrote:So this might sound like a dumb question, but when the start time says arrive NO LATER than 12:30, are you SUPPOSED to arrive at a particular time (12?), and this is just the absolute cutoff, or can we just arrive at any point up until then, which is when they close the doors?
I'm pretty sure 12:30 is when they start seating.

robotdreams

New

Post by robotdreams » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:09 pm

I've a question....Are mechanical erasers allowed? You know the thin ones and you can click XD
any ideas?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”