Master the Logical Reasoning Sections Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Go2LawSchool2011

New

Master the Logical Reasoning Sections

Post by Go2LawSchool2011 » Mon May 31, 2010 1:54 am

Hey all, I been study the LSAT for months now and I just do not understand the LR sections. It is fraustrating to study and not get the answers. I know the type of the LRs and I know the defination by heart, but whenever I do the question I constantly get it wrong even if I narrow down to two question, which happen frequently, I always pick the wrong answer. Part of my problem is I have hard time understand the stimulus and the other part is to understand the answer choices. English is my second language and I am trying to understand the test, I have used the powerscore books and taken kaplan prep class but I am not getting through the LR sections. If any have any advices, please share. Thank you! And GOOD LUCK studying for the June Exam.

d34d9823

Gold

Re: Master the Logical Reasoning Sections

Post by d34d9823 » Mon May 31, 2010 1:58 am

Not to be insensitive, but I think your results may be affected by your ESL background. Performing at a high level on the LSAT requires a grasp of English that is not common even among native speakers. Success in law school is similar, I imagine.

Because of this, law could be a tough field for you. If you are set on it, I would try to get to a high level of fluency.

Go2LawSchool2011

New

Post by Go2LawSchool2011 » Mon May 31, 2010 2:07 am

I know what you are saying, but i increase 24 pts since the first practice test I took, I am getting to the point understand the test but I am missing something to make my brain tick.

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Mon May 31, 2010 2:14 am

Hi, fellow ESLer here:

How good is your english? Do you live in America (or other english speaking country) now? If so how many years have you lived here?

borntokill

New

Post by borntokill » Mon May 31, 2010 8:02 am

if you can't understand the stimulus, no matter how familiar the question type looks to you, you wont be able to score.
if i were you, i would try to figure out how to understand the stimulus first.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”