Last 10 days Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
karasevda

New

Last 10 days

Post by karasevda » Thu May 27, 2010 8:12 pm

I am currently studying for the forthcoming June lsat. I have been hitting scores of 162-163 on my practice tests but my personal goal is the mid to high 160s.

My section by section performance is as follows:
Reading Comp: 3 to 4 wrong
Logical Reasoning: 4 to 6 wrong
Analytical: Usually three out of four games with 5 to 6 wrong overall.

What direction should I pursue in order to hit my desired range? Should I focus specifically on writing practice tests, or should I work on specific sections.

My schedule is completely open so putting in 6 to 8 hour days is not a problem.

WhatSarahSaid

Bronze

Re: Last 10 days

Post by WhatSarahSaid » Thu May 27, 2010 8:19 pm

Make sure you're taking at least some five-section tests (one experimental section) so that you have a feel for test-day conditions.

For RC and LR, spend a lot of time figuring out what you're doing wrong. It's probably too late to make dramatic leaps, especially in RC, but if you keep seeing a mistake, you'll be aware of it for the real test.

You're getting a lot wrong on LG, and that's the section that you can master most quickly. How much time does it take you to do three sections? Are you getting perfect scores on those sections? If you drill logic games heavily, I think it'd be possible to improve that section -- even if you don't have time to do four games comfortably, you might be able to get to the point where you can't get to just 2-3 questions.

karasevda

New

Re: Last 10 days

Post by karasevda » Thu May 27, 2010 8:59 pm

I have come considerably more proficient in the LG section than I was before so I feel like I could make the leap to four games. I usually get every question in the section right and finish with a minute or two to spare, the trouble is thats usually not enough time to diagram and approach the final games questions. There are also a few more rare game types that I find particularly troublesome.

I do waste a lot of time diagramming answers choices before coming to a selection and I could probably do a lot of that work in my head.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”