Warming up the brain on test day? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
BigA

Bronze

Warming up the brain on test day?

Post by BigA » Fri May 21, 2010 1:15 am

I think I've heard before this is a good idea. I didn't pay it any mind. But I'm starting to strongly feel that I work better (more focused/ in the zone) after I've been working for a little while. For example, I just turned in my first perfect LR section and this came 4th. The other LR section came first. I had a slow start and finished -5. I'm not saying this is completely because of the order. But this isn't the first time I've felt like I've really struggled coming out of the gate. On the other hand, endurance doesn't really seem to be a problem for me.

I'm wondering if many other people feel this way, and if there's any particular way people like to "warm up their brains" before the test.

DaveBear07

Bronze

Re: Warming up the brain on test day?

Post by DaveBear07 » Fri May 21, 2010 1:22 am

I feel the same way. It's not uncommon for me to leave LR #'s 8 and/or 9 unanswered and come back to them after my brain is locked on at the end of the section.

So I probably will at least study an old test before I leave for the test center. And maybe do a logic game or two. Or read a RC passage. Gotta be carefuly not to do too much though... I'll probably air on the side of caution in the end....

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri May 21, 2010 3:35 am

BigA wrote:I think I've heard before this is a good idea. I didn't pay it any mind. But I'm starting to strongly feel that I work better (more focused/ in the zone) after I've been working for a little while. For example, I just turned in my first perfect LR section and this came 4th. The other LR section came first. I had a slow start and finished -5. I'm not saying this is completely because of the order. But this isn't the first time I've felt like I've really struggled coming out of the gate. On the other hand, endurance doesn't really seem to be a problem for me.

I'm wondering if many other people feel this way, and if there's any particular way people like to "warm up their brains" before the test.
I'm the same way. For the most part endurance isn't a problem for me. I haven't yet tried, but I think I will tomorrow, is do 1 LG and answer the questions. I think that would get me decently warmed up. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

hemm

Bronze

Post by hemm » Fri May 21, 2010 5:11 am

I do a few old LR questions and one LG before I take my practice tests. I really like it - feels like it helps me get into "test mode."

thisiswater

Silver

Post by thisiswater » Fri May 21, 2010 5:15 am

I did this when I took the December LSAT and I think it really helped me. For me, logic games don't really start to click until I've seen a couple in a row, so I did a LG section before I left for the testing center. I felt way more relaxed when I saw those real LG on the test because I had just worked through some.

BigA

Bronze

Post by BigA » Fri May 21, 2010 10:47 pm

Those sound like good ideas. Would my brain cool off though by the time I got to the center and actually started the test?? I wonder if I can bring in some problems to do while I'm waiting for the test to start :lol:

It seems that LR is most affected for me. I've noted now a few times where I just feel sluggish coming out of the gates compared to the way I'm locked in and firing later in the test. I wish they just gave the experimental section first. That would solve it!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”