Balancing Time Management and Attention to Detail Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
PlugInBaby

Bronze

Balancing Time Management and Attention to Detail

Post by PlugInBaby » Wed May 19, 2010 2:30 pm

Right now I am taking practice tests every other day and trying to zero in on my weaknesses. The problem I have right now aren't with certain sections but rather with a matter of approach: in the effort to make sure all questions are answered on time I will at times miss tiny but important details. This costs me about -2 on LR and RC. Do I just have to keep on doing practice tests to learn how to balance it or are there other ways I can improve this aspect? Thanks in advance!

ZombiesAhead

New

Re: Balancing Time Management and Attention to Detail

Post by ZombiesAhead » Wed May 19, 2010 2:38 pm

LSAT is a question of risk:reward decisions as far as time management. Many of us here down around 170 could have 180's all day given another 5 minutes per section.

How much time do you want to invest on each problem? Would you rather be 80% sure about a long parallel reasoning question @ 1.20s or 100% sure @ 2.20s? This is basically where I stand. I know I'm going to miss 1-2 questions per section so where do you invest your time? Where are you throwing time away on unnecessary attention to detail or certainty in your AC?

If there's a secret to this, I'd like to hear it.

For those who are prescribed Adderall/Dex/Ritalin or other stimulants and use these to study, you may find a lower dose allows more fluid movement between attention to detail and speed.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”