Am I on the right track? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
shane0515

New

Am I on the right track?

Post by shane0515 » Sat May 15, 2010 11:13 pm

In October 2009 I studied all 3 powerscore bibles and studied them everyday over and over up to April 2010. I just tried my first practice exam and I seem to be getting around 5-7 wrong in each section and I'm having trouble finishing. Is this normal? I'm getting really discouraged and my confidence has shrunk.

Any advice to help me out would be really appreciated. Should I just keep doing timed practice tests?

Thanks

bk1

Diamond

Re: Am I on the right track?

Post by bk1 » Sat May 15, 2010 11:17 pm

Were you timing yourself on the PowerScore Bible practice sections?

If time is an issue for you, I would say start with doing untimed practice tests and over time move towards timed PT's.

shane0515

New

Post by shane0515 » Sat May 15, 2010 11:21 pm

I never timed myself on the PS bibles. Maybe I should have

Voyager

Silver

Post by Voyager » Sat May 15, 2010 11:25 pm

Without knowing more about your study habits, study plan and pre-study LSAT score it is difficult to assess your situation.

Generally, though, if you want to improve, the best thing to do is to identify the specific problem types which are causing you to lose the most points and then focus on mastering them.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Sat May 15, 2010 11:30 pm

Since it has been a while since you did the PS Bibles, I would say go over them again as if you hadn't done them. Do the first few practice sections in each untimed, and then start timing. After that, move onto PT's and start with untimed and then go to timed once you have it down.

To be honest, increasing your LR and RC are going to be the toughest, but I would say you should aim for getting a perfect on the LG. Find a study plan that works for you and attacks your weak spots.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

shane0515

New

Post by shane0515 » Sat May 15, 2010 11:33 pm

The thing is I just finished doing all 3 bibles for probably the 5th time on each one reviewing. Im burned out from looking at them. The thing I hate about practice tests is that there is no explanation for the answer choices

lostjake

Bronze

Post by lostjake » Sat May 15, 2010 11:37 pm

He just said he finished his first exam. Do not re-read the powerscore bibles, you need to take several PTs to get the time constaint figured out. After each test record which problems you got wrong, there will probably common ones (parallel reasoning, ect). After you figure out where you're hurting go to that section in the bibles and strengthen. Then do more PT, repeat.

Voyager

Silver

Post by Voyager » Sat May 15, 2010 11:39 pm

shane0515 wrote:The thing is I just finished doing all 3 bibles for probably the 5th time on each one reviewing. Im burned out from looking at them. The thing I hate about practice tests is that there is no explanation for the answer choices
Sounds to me like you need to slow down... I think you may be blowing through the material without really mastering it. I mean, if you are missing 5-7 per section and you STILL don't know how to triage your problems, then I don't think you are studying the right way.

If you want to keep working at it, I recommend you start over. Focus on specific skills and problem types, mastering them before moving on. I had a proposed study guide somewhere from back in the day when this stuff was still fresh in my head...

Ah, someone posted it here: http://www.law-school-books.com/LSAT-study-guide.html

oh wait... I found the top law school posting:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... f=6&t=7241
Do that.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”