STUCK AT -5 ON LR! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
joonhp

Bronze

STUCK AT -5 ON LR!

Post by joonhp » Fri May 14, 2010 11:06 pm

Sometimes I'll get to -3, but it's not consistent enough ...i'm taking the LSAT on 6/28 so I have 6 weeks to try to consistently get to -2/-3 on each LR section. Any suggestions to help me get over the hump? Is it even possible for me to get to that level in 6 weeks?

am060459

Silver

Re: STUCK AT -5 ON LR!

Post by am060459 » Fri May 14, 2010 11:25 pm

what types of questions are you consistently getting wrong (you should be keeping track or just know from a feel which questions give you a hard time)?

where do the questions you get wrong originate from (is it in the earlier, middle or later part of the section)?

joonhp

Bronze

Post by joonhp » Sat May 15, 2010 12:03 am

I tend to miss more flaw questions, and the questions I miss are usually in the high teens, low 20's. I guess the real issue is that I keep missing 1 or 2 in the earlier numbers that I know I shouldn't have, and the fact that I keep doing timed sections doesn't seem to help with becoming more precise. I have 25 PT's left. Should I continue to do them all timed? Should I slow down and break down LR sections untimed?

srpaik

New

Post by srpaik » Sat May 15, 2010 5:15 am

joonhp wrote:I tend to miss more flaw questions, and the questions I miss are usually in the high teens, low 20's. I guess the real issue is that I keep missing 1 or 2 in the earlier numbers that I know I shouldn't have, and the fact that I keep doing timed sections doesn't seem to help with becoming more precise. I have 25 PT's left. Should I continue to do them all timed? Should I slow down and break down LR sections untimed?
I'm also taking the June exam in Asia, still got 5 weeks? :)

I also used to get -5 wrongs per section for LR, but now only 1~3.

Timed or untimed, I don't think it matters a lot. Timed or not, I usually have 5 minutes to spare to go back to questions that I didn't really get.

I think if you just continue doing the remaining 25 PTs, again timed or untimed, you will improve for sure. At sometime, you will see that you've improved. At that point you will just "see" the answer choice glowing.

This "seeing" of the answer choice and not even have to check other answer choices came to me after doing about 30 PTs. (20~50)

Good luck on your exam!

PLATONiC

Bronze

Post by PLATONiC » Sat May 15, 2010 5:20 am

Hey I'm taking June Asia LSAT as well, and what I noticed for me was that I REALLY need to feel "well." My score fluctuates depending on how I feel. I think it's really important to be in top condition at all times.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

joonhp

Bronze

Post by joonhp » Sat May 15, 2010 5:04 pm

Thanks guys. I have 6 weeks left so hopefully these last 25 PTs help me get to -0 to -2 consistently.

7ED

Bronze

Post by 7ED » Sat May 15, 2010 5:31 pm

do something different.

What i did was I stopped at around 16, wherver the page ends, then flipped to the back and worked my way back. That cut 3 or 4 questions as well as my time. Ull find ur problem isn't any specific question, its really just a mental barrier u need to cross.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”